51: PREMIER

"Minhyuk, it's me. I want you to do something for me."

Jae Kyung turned around from the closed door and saw Jeonghan holding his phone talking to someone.

In that short amount of time, he was back to being the efficient tycoon he was, wearing his business-like voice and barking orders, even when he's looking so rough and beat up.

She wondered what he meant what he said earlier. What will he do to Eunha? What's he planning? Is he going to remove her license? Could he do that?

Somehow, she almost felt sorry for her. She just loved. It wasn't her fault that she loved Jeonghan. It was just a wrong kind of love that destroyed her. But hurting people was her choice.

That's why even when she felt a little bit of pity for her, there's this big part inside of her that wanted to see Eunha suffer. To make her pay for her damned choices. She's really unlucky for having the man she loves giving her the hell punishment.

Everything has consequences. And she must accept hers.

"I don't care how you do it . . . just put the name on the blacklist . . . No. I want this done now." He directed succinctly before ending the call and punched another number.

She stared at Jeonghan. Looking at him like that reminded her the time when he fired her so heartlessly, when she was in desperate need of money, of help. He came to her life, throwing her world completely out of balance. And little did she know that he was the missing puzzle to her life.

She saw her life in a flashback — watching her building herself slowly, picking the bricks one by one. It seemed like a lifetime ago . . .

But why does she need to remember everything if this would happen? What was the point in all of this?

Well, there's this one thing why she loved Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliette's tale. That there's beauty in a tragedy.

And in this particular tragedy of her life, the beauty of it was it taught her to be a fighter. Love left her to be strong.

"Yes, it's time." Jeonghan murmured to the other line and slid her meaningful glance. "I want everything prepared and ready." He said and slowly looked away.

Even if they're inside and alone, Jeonghan can't still look at her in the eyes. And she found it disturbing when he does that. Even if she knows there's a reason for it, she doesn't want to see Jeonghan avoiding her, especially that wary look in his eyes.

She sighed. She's getting soft again, and that precisely made her remember what she came here for. If she wanted to talk to him about this, she can't be weak.

Sighing again, she walked over to the attaché case sitting unmoved on the couch and took the papers out.

She heard a click that told her Jeonghan was out of the phone now. Turning around, she met his eyes — sad, hurt eyes — poking right at the center of her chest.

She gulped. It doesn't feel right looking at him looking at her like that. For a while, they were silent, measuring the distance between them. How far had it grown bigger after last night? She wondered.

Irene said a while ago, he got drunk. Did he sleep at all?

Well, the growing stubbles on his chin and the shadow under his eyes told her no. He looked so different when his so broken. She's not sure if she'll get used to this.

His gaze lowered and found the papers in her hands. "Have you read all of them?" He asked after the silence.

"That's why I'm here, Jeonghan." She said and tried to walk closer to him. She put the papers on his table and stared at him steadily. "I want to know what this is."