24: OSCILLATE

Jae Kyung at herself in the mirror. She can't believe what she's seeing. She can't even recognize her own self after what the make-up artist that Jeonghan hired just to glam her up did.

It was like she's staring at someone she didn't know. Someone stranger. It was not her.

She could always feel that, that she's different from her true self. But now, she's not feeling that.

It felt like she's meeting herself in a different light. In a good way.

She smiled while looking at herself in the mirror. Her hair was tied at the back in a simple ponytail but it looked supremely elegant. There's not much color that was put on her face. She fixed her brows, put some base, a little powder, mascara, and lastly is the bloody red lipstick.

"Simplicity suits you." The lady who transformed her from a duck into a swan said. As what she said, it matched the dress she's wearing.

She slid her hands down on the dress she's wearing. It was a beautiful white Greek style dress, a sleeveless and has a plunging wide V-neck line, and it fell around her body like a waterfall. A lot of skin was showing, even her cleavage and her back. It was a type of dress that doesn't need a bra.

But even if it's designed like that it still doesn't look offensive. It actually made her look graceful and elegant. It's as if the dress was made for her. It fit her so well, so perfect.

On why did Jeonghan pick that for her to wear, she doesn't know. But she had to hand it to him. He's good in choosing gowns and dresses. He clearly knew her body so well.

A blush crept into her cheek when she remembered the box on her bed, waiting for her. When she opened it, her mouth hanged wide open.

The first one that caught her eyes is the lacy whit underwear with a letter.

This goes perfectly with you and the dress. Surprise me tonight. — YJ

Thinking about him picking up her personal things was quite disturbing especially since she's going to wear it. She could not wear it, but even if she admits it or not, she doesn't own a single racy undergarment like that which she could wore underneath the dress. She doesn't want it to be obvious and embarrass her.

Tonight is the annual ball of the Carat Empire, and it will be a grand night. It would be a given that big personalities will be at the event.

She had never been in that crowd again ever since she survived the crash. She didn't want to socialize because aside from her memories, she lost the interest to mingle with people.

"Tu es belle . . ." You are beautiful.

She hurriedly turned around when she heard Jeonghan's voice. Her hand flew to her chest at the sight of him standing in his coal black tuxedo that seemed to define his firm muscles and strong built. It made him look so virile and majestic — like an emperor ready to invade.

She felt like her heart stopped beating for a while when their eyes met. He looked so striking tonight. His hair was brushed up that's why you could see his whole face.

His thick black brows that were cloaking his raven, dark eyes, his proportionate forehead, sculpted cheekbones, strong jaw, dominant nose, and that wide sexy mouth . . . they're just perfect. He's every bit of a monarch – A prince.

Her own Romeo.

He walked towards her and pulled her by her waist in a swift motion. She could feel his warm palms on her bare back that was pulling her closer, molding his hard body to her softer curves.

She held onto his shoulders — she needed to hold onto something as his sensual eyes roamed all over her.

"Vous êtes merveilleux ce soir, mon chéri." You look wonderful tonight, my darling . . .