It's time for answers

Chapter 20 - It's time for answers

*************

Civia's POV

To figure some things out I needed to be alone.

I was so glad that Tyler agreed to letting me be alone.

Wrapping his arm around my waist he led me back to my tent and left me there.

What he didn't know was that I planned to follow him.

Tyler seemed to know exactly where he was going, even though he wasn't watching. He seemed to be looking forward, but I could see the far away look in his posture. The way he walked was different.

Wow, I sound like a stalker....

Tyler got to the serving table and I hid behind some tents. I had no idea whose they were but they seemed to be unoccupied.

I wonder if Tyler knows what types of foods I like. Am I going to have to eat disgusting food just to be nice? I don't think I want to do that, even if it would make me seem better. Do I want to show him a person my mom created, or the real me?

"What are you doing back here?" I heard someone ask.

I whipped around and saw a guy, a very strong and scary looking guy, standing close to me.

"Who are you?" I asked. I must have been to deep in thought that I hadn't even heard him approaching.

"That doesn't matter. What does matter is that you are where you aren't supposed to be."

"Tyler didn't say anything about restrictions."

Who was this guy? Didn't he think that I'd know what I was and wasn't able to do?

"What about what your father said?"

"My father? What does my father have to do with any of this?"

Him mentioning my father was like grabbing the knife already in my heart and twisting it. It was painful.

"Your father has been wanting to talk to you ever since you awoke. He has been very worried about you."

"What are you talking about?" I was screaming at him. It hurt to hear such things when I knew that he was dead. "My father is dead."

"Dead? Eren is most certainly not dead. He is the leader of this camp and he is beginning to get restless. The only reason he hasn't ordered us to move on is he wants you to fully recover. He also wants to know what caused this to happen."

Hearing my dad was really alive just twisted the knife deeper, and to add to that my head began to hurt again with the, now familiar, sharp pain running through it.

Why hadn't my dad come back for me? Why had he not contacted me? Why is he living here, where ever here is?

"Can I see my father?" I asked, my voice was now just above a whisper.

"There also happens to be another reason why we haven't gone anywhere." He actually looked a little guilty.

"What is it?"

"Tyler won't allow your father to talk to you, let alone see you. Eren will not leave until he is allowed to make sure you are safe. He has been lurking in the shadows making sure you were safe, and trying to lead you to his tent. If you had gone in his tent willingly then Tyler couldn't blame him. It would have been you, and he wouldn't dare to do anything to you."

"Why won't Tyler let me see my dad? I haven't seen him for almost three years, why is he keeping him away now?" I felt like I was ready to cry, but I held it back. I didn't want to seem weak in front of this strong guy.

"Do you not remember seeing your father? Do you not remember how you got to this camp?"

"No! I don't remember almost anything for the past few months. What is going on here?"

"That would explain it!" He said, almost as if he had just figured out the biggest mystery there ever was.

"Explain what?!" I was tired of not getting answers. More question came up and no one would answer anything.

"I'm sorry miss. I've got to go but don't you worry. I'll be talking to your father." He looked off to the side of the tent. "I suggest you get back to your tent before Tyler gets there."

He walked away, leaving me wondering what everything he said meant, and trying to find a way to safely get back to my tent without Tyler seeing me.

*************

Tyler's POV

"You have no right to tell me what to do! You can't decide whether my heart feels something for Civia or not. You have no control over me." I was sick of doing Eren's bidding.

"Have you forgotten? I have all the power over you I need. I can make you do whatever I want you to. I may not be able to control how you feel, but I can control how you react." His voice suddenly dropped an octave. His voice was hypnotizing.

Tyler was lurred into a dream state of mind. He'd still be able to have his own thoughts, and he'd almost act the exact same way. The only difference would be that he couldn't do anything Eren didn't aprove of.

"Are you ready to listen?" Eren asked in his hypnotizing voice.

"Yes sir." The new Tyler replied. Inside I was fighting with myself, but I couldn't overcome the power he had over me. It was like I wasn't even myself.

*************

Civia's POV

"Tyler, thank you for bringing me food." I said as I got off the bed.

I felt a little flushed. Earlier I had decided that the best way for me to get to my tent would be to just make a wild dash for it. So that is exactly what I did. I ran as fast as I could in the direction of my tent, I even hit into a couple of people walking around but didn't bother to find out who they were. I just yelled 'sorry' and kept on running until I arrived at my tent.

I had just started to breath normally when Tyler walked in.

I took a careful look at him. He seemed to have a different stance, but he also didn't have any food.

"Tyler?" I said his name as a question. He seemed to have wanted to get me food so badly before, what happened to him that he would suddenly change his mind?

"Yes." He seemed to snap out of something.

"Where's my food?"

"Oh, I guess I forgot to get it. I'll go get some now." He hurried off.

I knew he was lying, but I couldn't tell him that.

Tyler was keeping something from me, and I knew only one person that would give me answers instead of questions.

I kept getting more and more questions, but where are my answers? 

Suddenly it came to me.

I had finally gotten my first sensible answer of the day.

Eren. I had to go talk to him.