You need to listen to me

Chapter 15 - You need to listen to me

I was a little worried about what he said but it soon left my mind when my dad called, "Halt! We'll stay here for the night. Start setting up camp."

"Finally."

"Couldn't wait to stop?"

I jumped at hearing his voice. I thought that he had walked far in front of me but not far enough that he wouldn't hear my footsteps, now he was right next to me. "Maybe. Why does it matter?"

"Because night is when everything happens."

Before i could ask him what he meant he was gone. "Nothing's going to happen tonight, creep." I said to no one. No one heard anyways. They were too busy setting up tents and getting the cooking pots set up so we could eat dinner. Every once in a while I would catch someone glance up at me, getting rid of every idea to escape.

I sighed and walked over to a large rock and sat down. I watched as the camp was being set up.

"You know, you don't have to sit here alone."

I looked at the speaker. "I'd rather be here alone than over there with you, Eren."

He flinched again. "I thought you wouldn't call me that anymore."

"Why would I stop calling you by your name?" I know I was being mean and rude, but I couldn't help it. He had hurt me so much.

"You could call me father."

"Why would I call you father when you failed to be a real father to me?"

"I thought you were just acting up to show Tyler that you weren't weak." I felt anger rise up in me, but I pushed it back. I didn't want him to see that he could get to me.

"I don't care what Tyler thinks about me. When I react from something I am reacting because I want to and the way I want to. I don't do anything for anyone but myself."

"What about your dragon?" There was a slight sting in my heart, but I ignored it.

"She left me. She is practically dead to me." When I said those words my heard hurt so much and I knew it wasn't true, but I couldn't let myself be blind and keep giving myself false hope.

"How can you say that?"

"Do you see her trying to help me escape from you horrible people? Have you had any sight of her since I told you she left? Do you really expect me to care about her?" I couldn't get rid of the constant pang in my chest. It hurt just to talk about her and how she abandoned me.

"Yes, I do. You're right that she never tried to get you out of here. You're also right that we haven't had another sight of her since you magically knew that she was leaving. I need you to tell me how you knew that she was leaving."

"I don't care what you need."

"I may be your father, but I will do what is nessecary to get the answers from  you."

"Well, since you seem so intent on being the father I never had, I believe you. When I had a father he was caring and loved me. You are the father I never had or wanted. You can try whatever you want, I will never tell you my secrets."

"We'll see about that. Tomorrow is the day for the answers to come out."

I was about to reply but was interupted, "Your tent is ready." A random guy that Eren was in charge of had walked up to us.

"Thank you, I'd like to sleep. Would you mind showing me where my tent is?" I asked the guy.

He looked uncertainly at Eren.

"Goodnight, Eren, I will see you in the morning." I turned to leave but the guy was not moving. "Are you going to show me where my tent is or do you want me wondering around the camp until I find a tent that is empty. I can only emagine who's tent I'd end up in."

"Right this way." He lead me to a tent that was right in the middle of camp. I knew I'd either be in the thick of things or I'd be near my father. I don't think he trusts Tyler as much as he used to. I'm glad, he's really starting to creep me out, bad.

"Thanks." I said to the guy and walked into my tent. "What are you doing here?" He was sitting on the blankets that were spread out on the ground. I assume that's going to be my 'bed'.

"I came to make sure you got to your tent safely."

"Well, Tyler, I don't need you to make sure I get here safely. It's my job to make sure I get anywhere safely."

"You could relieve yourself of that duty."

Rolling my eyes I asked, "And why would I do that?"

"So I could take it from you."

Giving him the task of making sure I get somewhere safe? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. "Tough luck, I'm keeping it. You can run off to your tent now."

"I'd rather stay here."

How can I get rid of him? Wait! I've got an idea! "Well, if you're staying I'll just call for Eren and we can have a small party, just the three of us."

"There's no need for you to get your father..."

I never want to hear him being called my father again. "He's not my father. My father is dead."

"There's still no need to call Eren into this."

"Then leave."

"Fine," Yes! My victory was short lived, though. "But I'll be back."

"Don't hurry." I said as he walked out of the tent. Even as creepy as he is I couldn't let him control me. I had to stand up to him in every way possible.

I went through my clothes and relised that I hadn't had a chance to wash my dirty clothes. I changed into the only thing I had clean, short shorts and a tank-top, then grabbed all my clothes, put them in a bag, and went in search of Eren.

When I found him he was talking to someone. I couldn't tell who because Eren's back was to me and whoever he was talking to was in front of him. I walked up to him. The guy he was talking to was Tyler.

"What are you wearing?" He asked. The shock was showing clearly on his face.

"My clothes." I replied harshly. I turned to Eren. "I need to go to a river and wash my other clothing."

"Tyler, take Civia to the river and let her wash her clothing. Stay close enough that if she tries to get away you will be able to catch her."

"Yes, sir." I guess I was wrong. Eren still trusted him enough to send me off with him, without anyone else nearby. "Follow me." He told me then started walking in the direction I had come from.

I followed far enough behind him that he wouldn't be able to talk to me without anybody else hearing him, but close enough that he wouldn't stop and wait till I caught up to him.

He stopped without notice and I slammed into him. "What the heck!"

"We need to go back to camp." He said in a low whisper.

"No! I'm not going back to camp unless I've had the chance to wash my clothing."

"You look fine in the ones you're wearing. You need to listen to me. Now turn around and start walking back to camp."

"No! Eren said I could wash my clothing. You can either come with me or not." I pushed past him and started walking towards the river. I was in the middle of washing my clothing when I heard a deep rumble. I looked up and on the other side of the river, straight across from me, was a lion.