You're Leaving?

Chapter 12 - You're Leaving?

*************

Olena's POV

"Oh, Civia how can you talk like that?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean."

Civia didn't reply, she just waited for me to talk more.

"How can you say something like that?"

I waited but Civia still didn't answer me.

"Civia! Answer me darn it!"

"I just said the first thing that came to my mind."

"That thought should have never even entered your head."

"Well it did."

"Civia?"

"What?"

"Do you value your life?"

"Of course I do."

"Then why did you say something like that?"

"If my captor thinks I really don't care for my life than he can't take as much advantage over me."

"Or, If he doesn't think you care about your life then he might come searching for me in more earnest and use me against you. He's made it clear that he knows where I am and what I've been doing."

"I know."

"So what do you think you are doing?"

"I wasn't thinking."

"Yeah, that's pretty clear. I'm going to put a twist in my actions for him."

"What are you going to do?" She sounded kind of scared, like she thought I would hurt myself.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything to hurt me."

"Then what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to leave."

"What?! Why?"

"I will not contact you anymore, you will not hear any more about me, you won't even feel my presence."

"You can't... You can't do this to me. The only thing keeping me going is knowing that you are safe."

"I will still be safe. The only threat I've faced in years is right here and I'm leaving it."

"But, that means you're leaving me too."

"Yes, I am."

"Why?"

"You will understand when you are ready."

"I don't want to wait!" She said angrily. I could feel Civia's anger.

"Calm down."

"No! You're leaving me and now I'm alone. I don't know why I even let you in my life. Everyone that comes into my life leaves right when I need them most."

"I'm sorry."

"That's what they all say."

Civia disconected the conection. She didn't want to get too angry and lash out at me any more than she already had, I could feel her sorrow.