Serenity sighed with relief. "Thank you, Taiyou."

Taiyou smiled. "It is my pleasure, Sister. After all, I am your brother. It is the very least I can do."

"So what brings you this way?" asked Serenity. "Was three something that you needed?"

"I have to go see Mother," replied Taiyou. "She wanted to discuss some private affairs with me. She's at the ball as we speak."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. From the sound of things, it must be important. Since we're both going to the main ballroom anyway, why don't we go there together?"

"Of course."

In the ballroom, the place was alive with the sound of music. People were dancing all around without a care in the world, enjoying themselves and having a wonderful time. Taiyou and Serenity then came down the stairs entering the party with Taiyou now putting on a pair of masquerade glasses. Just then, as they were coming, a young man came up to Serenity, holding her hand.

"Excuse me, my princess," he said. "Would you do me the honor?"

Taiyou looked at the man and knew who it was, as did Serenity. She looked at Taiyou, who nodded.

"Go right ahead, princess," he said. "Enjoy yourself."

From there, the two of them went their separate ways. Serenity went dancing with the mysterious young man while Taiyou walked around the ballroom searching for the Queen.

 Serenity went dancing  with the mysterious young man while Taiyou walked around the ballroom  searching for the Queen

Taiyou walked around the ballroom floor, searching for the Queen. He walked past many dancing couples while looking around, but he couldn't see the Queen anywhere.

"I wonder where her majesty could be?" he wondered. "Perhaps she's somewhere outside?"

"Excuse me. Sir Taiyou?"

Taiyou turned around, where he heard the voice, as a young girl walked up to him. She was young, if not older, than the princess, wore a beautiful red strap dress, and had long flowing black hair. Taiyou recognized her immediately.

"Princess Mars. How may I help you?" asked Taiyou giving the girl a slight bow.

The girl responded by giving him a small curtsy. "Her Majesty, the queen, has requested for me to escort you to her so you may speak with her."

"Wonderful," said Taiyou. "That certainly saves me the trouble of having to look for her. I appreciate it. And may I say that you're looking gorgeous tonight, princess."

"You flatter me," Princess Mars smiled.

She then led Taiyou through the dancing people until they came to a door leading to another balcony.

"Her majesty is just past those doors," said Princess Mars

"Thank you very much for escorting me, miss," said Taiyou.