1.7

"Who on Earth deserves this and what the hell do we do now? So we live like we have lost and we love like we are broken. And as the colour leaves the sky, we're left in reference of the frailty of it all".

The Colour Of Leaving // Parkway Drive

A/N: This song is so beautiful. It's on the new album of Parkway Drive and it's a bit short and calm, really worth a listen. Also, don't forget to check out my new fic Veni Vidi Amavi with Daniel! 👀

Spa-Francorchamps, another been there, done that weekend for Red Bull. Daniel managed to drive himself to P3, probably to blow all the steam off of the stress that has been loaded on his shoulders with the private things that had happened before the race. Max could sadly add another DNF to his calender. Daniel wiped the sweat off his forehead as he took the trophy with him and put it down on the table as he sat down on the couch inside his driver's cabin. He stared at the shiny trophy, part of him feeling happy, feeling relieved the car had been this good to him today, but a part of him didn't feel happy at all. Because when he looked down at his team that were pushing against the barriers of parc ferme, while he was up on the steps of the podium, he didn't see Giulia.

Daniel didn't see the bright smile and the sparkling eyes he could recognize in a group of a thousand people, he didn't see the face that warmed up his heart. He didn't see the one whose support he needed the most. Daniel saw Jemma and mostly her phone as she was taking pictures of him. Maybe for a new background on her phone or laptop or for her instagram page or to brag about what her boyfriend had done this weekend across her friends. He didn't know and he didn't really care either. Daniel looked up as the door of his cabin opened and he was about to go wide-eyed as he thought he saw the dark brown strands of Giulia, but they belonged to Jemma. "I'm so proud of you!". She squealed and moved towards him. Jemma wrapped her arms aroudn him and he weakly hugged her back.

Jemma's smile sunk a bit as he turned his head when she wanted to kiss him. "Is there something wrong?". She asked, unsure if it was her or if his mood had completely turned around. "No, I'm just really tired. And sweaty, you don't want to kiss or hug me now". He chuckled and took his arms away from her. Jemma frowned as they both didn't mind normally. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting...". Anna stood in the doorway with her laptop and recorder. "Media meeting time". She said with apologizing eyes towards Jemma. She could understand if she wanted to be with her boyfriend, but she could be all night. They just had to get this done for the media rapport. "You can go back to the hotel, I'll follow you later". Daniel muttered and Jemma silently nodded. She didn't say anything when she walked out, making Anna look over at him.

"The air's thick in here. A tense conversation?". She softly spoke. His PR officer knew him long enough to sense Daniel wasn't in his usual habitat. "Nothing, it's nothing". Daniel waved her away and started to undress himself and get back into some shorts and a Red Bull shirts. He answered some of Anna's questions as he was swinging the shirt over his head. He splashed a hand full of water in his face and hoped it would clear his thoughts a bit too. "Daniel?". He looked up at the blonde as she was seated at the small desk. "I just asked you a question". Anna said, a small smile on her face and her eyebrows slightly rose. "Sorry, what?". Daniel sheepishly asked and she shook her head. "You know what, I'll just finish this on my own. Please go and fix whatever you need to fix". Anna said, a gentle look in her eyes.

Daniel nodded. "Yeah, I'll do that. Okay". He gathered his stuff and smiled at her. "Thanks, Anna". She waved him goodbye and Daniel closed the door behind him. He took his car keys out of his pocket and made his way to the parking lot behind the hospitalites of the circuit of Spa. The car beeped softly and the lights flickered when he unlocked the doors. He had to tell Jemma. He had to tell her that he had sex with Giulia and that he had feelings for her and not for Jemma anymore. He could already guess that it will turn out in a drama, but he still had hopes for a calm and easy conversation. Daniel got in his car and put it in reverse to turn out of the parking lot. The gates opened automatically when he appeared and he drove through to get onto the road. Because they had the same hotel every year, he easily remembered the route by now.