1.4

"Covered by roses, when this dance is over, we all know all beauty will die. The choirs have awoken, left no words unspoken. Remember you as long as I can. Hold you in my arms all night and spill the wine until the end. We all have our place in time, need to live every moment".

Covered By Roses // Within Temptation

Circuit Spa-Francorchamps, Spa, Belgium, August 2017.

"How does the car feel, Giulia?". Simon's voice rung through her ears as she drove over the circuit of Spa Francorchamps. It was an early morning, the sun just raising itself above the horizon to light up the Belgian nature. The three week summer break were over before Giulia could blink, yet she didn't have any trouble with getting out of bed as her alarm rung at half past six this morning. "Great, supple in the corners as always". Giulia replied, daring to take the Eau Rouge flat out. She almost giggled at the rollercoaster feeling when the car zoomed over the asphalt with threehundred kilometers an hour. This was truly the greatest feeling in the whole world.

Her foot moved to press onto the break pedal, smoothly braking through the corner and accelerating on the right moment to have a decent exit. "We can see". Simon chuckled. "Please come into the pits for a brief practice of starting and stopping and we're done". He commanded and Giulia drove the car into the pit lane, limiting the speed down with the button on her steering wheel. The engine rumbled beneath her, ready to go back to that amazing topspeed within a couple seconds again, however she braked in front of the light at the end of the pits as it colored red.

Daniel let out a huff of air at her cat like reflexes when the light turned green and she sped away again. She wasn't as fast as the best drivers on the track, but she was still easily beating some of them and it amazed him how quick she was learning. "I'd like you to stop day dreaming about my driver, Daniel". Daniel almost screamed like a little girl when Pyry placed his hand on Daniel's shoulder. "Pyry". He took a deep breath and the trainer started to laugh. "I'm not daydreaming about your driver". Daniel muttered. "I believe we've had this conversation before". Pyry shrugged. "Basically everyone can feel the harmony between you two".

"Just shut up and mind your own business, will you?". Daniel gave him a teasing push and watched how Giulia turned the car in front of the pit box and let the mechanics push her back. She hoisted herself out of it and took her helmet off. Daniel chuckled at the electricity when she pulled the balaclava off and her hair stood straight up. "What's up, doc. Car feeling good? Smooth? Sexy?". Daniel asked and she laughed. "All of them". Giulia replied. "Great, it looked good as well". He smiled. "Hey, do you have some time to eat lunch later? I'd like to catch up with you after the summer break". Daniel suggested, his hand moving to the back of his neck.

"Yes, sure. If Pyry lets me". Giulia looked over her shoulder at her trainer. "My ship is sailing so, please go". Pyry dramatically waved her away and she rolled her eyes. "Sounds like a plan. I'll see you later". Giulia smiled at Daniel and pushed her helmet in her trainer's hands, who replied with a huff of air and he quickly followed her as she walked out of the pit box to get to the hospitality and get dressed for her training. Pyry said he had something special in mind and she was more than glad it was something different than on her usual training schedule. Giulia slipped out of her racing overall and got dressed into some lighter clothing to train with Pyry.

Giulia felt better after the break, she and Pierre were on better terms now, although she still couldn't avoid the gnawing feeling in her chest when they spend time together. It felt as if she was more free in what she did and said whenever she was alone or with someone else than Pierre. She didn't let anyone notice that, she just said her and Pierre were fine and didn't want others to stick their noses in their business. "Everything okay there, Giulia?". Pyry asked as she zoned out during the stretches. "Hmm? Si, I'm okay". She muttered. "Just thinking about the session of this morning". She replied and he nodded, too focused on stretching her legs than on the conversation.