1.0

"Somebody mixed my medicine, I don't know what I'm on. Somebody mixed my medicine. Now baby its all gone".

My Medicine // The Pretty Reckless

Budapest, Hungaroring, July 30 - 2017

"Fuck, is that who I think it was?". Daniel's voice rung through the pit wall when he spun around on the track, trying to drive through but there was obviously something leaking from his bolide, which made him have to put the car aside. "Fucking sore loser". He snarled over the board radio, however Simon didn't respond and just let him rage. It was important for the team to now focus on Max, who was still driving and search for what happened in that turn. They were surely hoping that there wouldn't be any further action warranted on one of them causing a collision. Daniel hoisted himself out of his car, annoyed and angry, his day was ruined.

"Figlio di puttana!". [Son of a bitch]. The mechanics turned their heads towards Giulia who looked at the screen with a heated face and her hands in her sides. "Don't know what it means, but keep it clean, little one". Rob, one of the crew, playfully pushed her shoulder and Giulia pursed her lips together, looking away to not show them the smile that wanted to break the angry look on her face. The screen showed how Daniel was brought back to the pits and then zoomed back in on the safety car period on the track, Daniel's bolide dragged away from the side to be lifted onto a truck that would bring it back to their pit box.

Giulia sighed and tightened the ponytail on her head, basically waiting for Daniel to come back in here. The first thing Daniel wanted to do was storm through the pit box and cross the pit lane to have a word with Christian and Helmut. For one time, the smile was far away from shining on his face. He felt anger raging through his veins, the car had a good pace, this could be a very good race for him and his teammate bumped into his side without a thought, the immature, bratty... "We're sorry, Daniel". The voice of Chris made him look up as he was about to place his helmet on the counter. "It's not your fault, no mechanical faillure here, just a pain in my ass".

His first mechanic chuckled and shook his head, knowing if Max apologized after the race, the two would be the dynamic duo they always were. Daniel took a quick sprint to the pit wall and leaned against the fence. "You rewatched the fragments?". His question was short and made Christian and Simon exchange a look before they turned to him. "Yes, Daniel, we have". The team boss spoke up. "The video shows Max going for your position and he accidentally locked up on the inside, which made him colide with your car. Their is no way we see this as something he did on purpose. I'll leave that up to you two".

Daniel wanted to part his lips to speak up, but Christian lifted his hand. "We just heard he got a ten second penalty, talk to each other after the race". With that, he turned around and the Australian clenched his jaw, knowing he had to accept this, but at the moment the amount of adrenaline in his body was too high and he didn't want to accept that kind of answer. He made his way back to through the pit box and decided to cool down in his driver's cabin, take a shower and get dressed and then make his way to the media paddock to get rid of that as well. Giulia watched a bit of the race, until she got bored of seeing Daniel not on the track.

She wandered through the labyrinth of hallways and walked across the paddock to get into the hospitality, a couple staff members greeting her as she went in the direction of Daniel's private room. Giulia knocked on the door twice before pushing the handle down and opening the door. She looked up as she closed it behind her, her eyes meeting the sight of Daniel, half naked, only a white towel around his waist. The room smelled like men shampoo and cologne, his skin still slightly wet and his raven curls damp from the shower he had taken. "Giulia, didn't you want to watch the race?". Daniel asked, the calling of her name pulling her attention back to his face.