1.2

"So hold me when I'm here, right me when I'm wrong. Hold me when I'm scared and love me when I'm gone. Everything I am and everything in me, wants to be the one you wanted me to be".

When I'm Gone // 3 Doors Down

"I can't believe we're going to meet Parkway Drive". Giulia squealed in the backseat of the SUV Daniel had arranged to travel to the venue. "We? You are, I've met them before". The Australian chuckled. "Dios mio, you have?". Her eyes lit up and she looked over at him with her lower lip tugged between her teeth. "That's so cool, are you like, friends with the bandmembers?". Daniel gave her slight shrug. "Not really friends, but we're Australians, which is automatically a match". He grinned widely and she nodded. They were like kids all over again, wearing matching Parkway Drive shirts and some VIP passes already dangling around their necks as a crewmember of the band had brought them.

"We're such groupies". Daniel laughed and Giulia pulled her phone out the pocket of her denim shorts to take a selfie for her instagram story. "Say heavy metal!". She pulled an angry face and lifted her hand in the form of a metal horn. Daniel did the same and threw his head back in laughter at how ridiculous the picture was, yet she already uploaded it to her story anyway. "Oh, we're here!". She slapped his arm in excitement and already stumbled out of the car while it hadn't even come to halt yet. Daniel shook his head and got her smallback pack from under the chair, as she had forgotten it. "Concert tingles, are you feeling them?". Giulia bounced from her left feet to her right and sheepishly looked at him as he handed her her bag.

"Right, almost forgot". She offered him a smile and were surrounded by a couple of his bodyguards, who were allowed to take the back door of the venue to get into the wide concert hall. The door opened and it was dark inside, which made Giulia take her sunglasses off to look a bit better around. It was just a hallway with different rooms on each of the side, one for merchandise, CD's, spare instruments, guitar cases, microphone stands, everything in preparation to the show of the headliner and the band in the support programme. "You must be the VIP guests". A woman with a clipboard and a headset on stopped in front of them. Giulia and Daniel barely had time to respond before she already marched in front of them.

They were brought to some kind of relax area where the band was taking their mind briefly off the show before they had to be on stage. "Daniel, good to see you again, mate". The heavy voice of the band's singer sounded as soon as they walked in. He had a bottle of water in his hand and used his free arm to swing it around the shoulders of Daniel. Giulia thought Daniel was very tall, but Winston McCall was even taller. "I was around and thought, why not?". He smiled and looked over at Giulia, who shyly eyed the bandmembers of one of her favorite childhood bands. "Who have you brought?". Winston didn't recognize the girl and looked between them with a raised eyebrow. "This is Giulia, she's my friend since kindergarten".

"You thaught her what good music was, I assume?". Winston teased with a bright smile and patted Daniel on his shoulder. "I'm Winston, nice to have you here, Giulia". She smiled back and stepped out of her frozen state to shake his hand. "I'm speechless, it's so weird to suddenly see you guys right in front of me while I never imagined this whole moment when I was younger". She giggled and seemed to relax more as the bandmembers weren't looking at her in a funny way at all. "It's cool to hear you liked us from a young age". The guitarist, Luke, spoke up, his hands carried a shiny guitar that immediately tore her eyes away from his face. "Any favorite songs?". The drummer joined the conversation and twirled his sticks between his fingers.

"From the old stuff, Horizons and the latest album I think... A Deathless Song. I love them". She squealed, shifting back into her fangirling self. Daniel chuckled, he loved to see her this happy and with the big, metal dudes of such a rough band being so kind to her. Winston suggested to do a group picture before they had to get ready to get on the stage and they all agreed. One of the security guards took Giulia's phone and she laughed loudly as Winston sat down in front of her for her to sit on his shoulders. She was lifted high into the air. The picture was spontaneous and she would upload it to her instagram page after the whole concert. Daniel and Giulia thanked the guys and promised they'd stay in touch whenever they were around again.