0.6

"After sitting and waiting and anticipating. The energy through the walls reverberating. It's so captivating, the buzz generated. It's invigorating, I feel elevated".

When The Lights Come On // Asking Alexandria

Giulia vaguely woke up when Pierre kissed her cheek and combed his fingers through her curly hair. "I have to leave, princesse". His gravely voice muttered into her ear and she sleepily wrapped her arms around his neck. The Frenchman chuckled and kissed her lips a couple times. "We'll keep in touch, yes? I'll call you when I land in Japan". Pierre said and Giulia nodded. He had to leave in the middle of the night to catch his flight to the Super Formula racing weekend, leaving Giulia with the Red Bull team at Silverstone. She held onto his hand till he was out of reach and snuggled into his side of the bed, sleeping a couple hours more before her alarm rung.

It was her time to shine today, the Friday practice at the English circuit totally hers to drive. The brunette felt fit and awake, ready to drive the car around the track. Giulia took a shower at first, getting dressed in a pair of sport leggings and a sweater, god it could be cold in London. The clouds didn't look too promissing on letting the sun through and if the rain came, she didn't want to be cold at all. She was way too used to the Italian sun. Another thing Daniel and her had in common. They hated cold weather and loved to be out in the sun. She already giggled at the thought of him cursing on this weather of today.

Giulia gathered her stuff and swung her bag over her shoulder. Her trainer, Pyry, was waiting outside for her, greeting her with a short wave. "Morning, Giulia. Did you sleep well?". He asked while he took her bag from her. "Grazie, and yes, I slept great. I do have to admit I feel some healthy nerves inside of me now". Pyry let out a breathy laugh. "I haven't met a driver before who wasn't nervous. You'll be fine". He ensured her. "Or not, but...". "Pyry!". Giulia sighed and pushed her trainer's shoulder as he laughed louder, he was just messing with her. He threw her the keys of the Aston Martin of the company, which she caught easily.

They both got into the car and Giulia adjusted the navigation system before locking her seatbelt and settling the mirrors too. She drove away from the hotel and got onto the roads of London to get to Silverstone. "Pierre already left?". Pyry asked with a yawn, making Giulia throw him a playfully stern look. "Yeah, a bit after two I guess, I was half awake". She giggled and turned onto the highway. "He's doing great as well. Maybe he can get his spot at Red Bull too". Pyry replied and the Italian nodded. "I hope so for him it's his dream for a long time, especially after his great season in Formula 2".

It was a bit silent after that, but not an uncomfortable silence. Pyry made some calls underway and they reached the circuit without any delay. Giulia was busy with finding her parking spot when she heard the honking of a car behind her. She was about to shift into some road rage when she noticed it was Daniel and Sam behind them, which made her laugh and slam on the brakes, which made him have to brake all in sudden too. Giulia smoothly steered the car to park it in reverse. "You were driving so slow, how are you going to do that on the track, Gules?". The Australian asked as soon as he got out of his car.

"No comment". She dramatically sighed and flipped her hair, making him laugh now. Daniel wrapped his petite friend into a hug and made her squeal as he lifted her off the ground. "I'd appreciate if you couldn't kidnap my driver, Dan". Pyry said now, playful sparkles in his eyes as he handed Giulia her bag. "I'm not doing anything". Daniel lifted his hands in defeat and followed them with Sam to the Red Bull Racing hospitality. The whole crew had breakfast together and Giulia let Pyry get her plate, else she would only pick the things she liked and not the things which were actually good for her.

She greeted some mechanics she had seen earlier and sat down next to Daniel. "Jemma didn't want to come?". Giulia asked and he shook his head. "She's going to visit her parents in Australia for a bit, she'll be back in a week or so". Daniel shrugged and the Italian nodded in response. "What about Pierre?". He asked and his brown eyes shifted over to hers. He had always liked her brown eyes better than his own. Hers were some kind of hazelnut alike colour, like melted caramel mixed with the tiniest bit of chocolate, while his was just a bar of pure chocolate slammed onto the ground, at least he felt like that.