Wrath of the Inferno

Start from the beginning

As James spoke, Audrey suddenly flew up from the hole in the roof, carrying Tuatara and Laureen on her arms. She landed on the roof, Hiroshi zooming out a moment later after her. Her eyes went wide and she fluttered over to Jason, ignoring the enormous airship.

"Jason!" She cried, kneeling down next to him. Jason grinned at her, his heart jumping at the sight of her (as usual). He noticed the slash on Audrey's cheek was a nasty wound, covered with both wet and dry blood, exposing strips of muscle beneath her soft skin. Jason slowly reached up and gently pressed his hand to her wound. Audrey winced but didn't pull away. Instead, one of her giant fingers stroked his hand, as she smiled at him.

"Are you alright?" She asked quietly.

"Am I alright?" Jason repeated before laughing. He shook his head. "Jesus Audrey...you're a mess but all you keep thinking of is others..."

"I've...never thought much of myself," Audrey replied, laughing in turn, some tears falling across her face. "My therapist always said it was a bad trait...but really...are you okay, Jason?"

"I'm fine..." Jason said more seriously, keeping his hand pressed to her slashed cheek. "How about you? You were amazing out there...but...are you okay?"

"I'm fine too..." Audrey swallowed before her antennae bobbed. She looked upward, her eyes widening. "My god...what...what is that?"

"A big fucking gun!" Laureen barked, wiping a hand through her hair. She looked at James "Hey professor, gimme a quick tech spec on that thing! Whatever you got!"

"Yes quite it's a coilgun quite a rare sight especially one so large I mean just look that mass I would quote Freud but its probably rude and off topic anyway yes that's a coilgun I estimate its about hundred feet long it must be consuming a huge amount of power just to be fired but if its fired off without a hitch the destructive capabilities are enormous huge stupendous!" James waved his arms frantically to add to his point. "We need to act quick stop it and the airship that's carrying it already its firing off missiles into San Francisco destroying things hurry everyone we need a plan!"

"Weapon like that..." Tuatara pointed a claw up at it. "Must need a gigantic power source. We eliminate that, I bet it can't just be turned on again."

"Sabotage?" Laureen rubbed her chin, as a humming noise began to echo from the massive gun. "That means, well, we'd have to attack that airship directly. Get onto the fucking thing."

"You think we can?" Audrey mumbled, antennae twitching wildly.

Laureen glanced at her. She then looked back up at the airship. The massive ship began to twist downward, its engines roaring, the humming around its huge gun getting louder with each passing second. She shook her head. "I don't we have a choice! That shitty ass noise even I recognize. Its clearly charging up and about to fire on us. Plus, that airship is blowing up the city. Ain't got time for a better plan, guys. Everybody onto the fuckingPanther! Its time to play Star Wars and be the Rebels to that Death Star."

"Yes I do concur most assuredly let's go if I'm correct and if it isn't too humble of a statement I often am ninety-seven percent of the time actually that gun is going to fire and quick!" James jumped back into his cockpit as he babbled. The cockpit hissed closed over him and the sleek jet swooped around, until its backside was pointed at them. The backdoor opened, the boarding ramp extending onto the roof for them. Hiroshi zipped inside. Tuatara let go of Audrey's arm and scuttled after the boy.

Jason angrily again tried to push himself up. As he tried, Audrey gentled gripped his arm and pulled him against herself. Jason swallowed, feeling clammy as he pressed himself against her. Audrey smiled and said, "Its okay. I got you." With a buzz of her wings, she flew into the Panther, carrying Jason and Laureen along. The doors closed behind them and the jet hovered upwards.