"She. Is. Adorable." Kaitlyn squeals, going into the refrigerator to pull out hazelnut creamer and takes a little container of espresso powder out, pouring two spoonfuls into the mug, along with pouring the creamer.

"She's a handful." I sigh, wincing when Spongebob pops on, full blast. We both turn around, only to see Liliana with an iconic 'oopsie' frown on her face. "Lily turn that down."

"Sorry, Mama." She runs a hand through her hair and lowers the volume.

"Adorable." Kaitlyn hands me the mug, and I frown at the words on the cup that stand out as false for me. I miss being in a relationship.

Bad.

There's something about knowing you have someone who has eyes for only you. Constantly checking up on you, and desperately trying to make you smile.

Someone you can call up just to cuddle, or tell them to fuck off when you aren't in the mood, but you both know how to respect each other enough to give them space when need be.

Trusting them to know they won't do anything behind your back because you love them and they love you. Calling them at the craziest hours just because you want to hear their voice.

Getting so caught up in them, whether it be love or lust and you don't even realize everything you do is solely for them. Every time you put on clothes, you think of the way they'll look at you like you're an expensive wine bottle.

They give you that same look that's like 'damn, where have you been all my life' even when you look like you just rolled out of bed and threw on a dirty t-shirt.

I miss the excitement, I miss the fun. I miss it all.

I miss him.

And he hates me.

"I see the look, and he doesn't hate you." My eyes snap to Kaitlyn, pulling me out of my daze. She smiles at me empathetically, and leans on the kitchen counter, looking up at me.

"Yes he does. I mean, let's say he is suspicious about the whole," I lower my voice, looking back at Liliana who's giggling at the tv. "Paternity thing. You really think he's going to forgive me for this?"

"One, you have a valid reason for keeping it away from him, well, you had a valid reason four years ago." She shrugs, "But honey, it's been four years, two since he's officially grown up. He deserved to know as soon as he made it, and he still deserves it."

"I understand that, and I'd be more than happy to tell him when I get the chance—"

"You had the chance. Last night." She says firmly, pressing her palms on the counter. "And you didn't say shit."

"And what was I supposed to do, Kaitlyn?" I throw my hands up in the air, "As soon as we sit down I go 'well guess what, baby? We have a child that I've hidden from you for four years!" whisper yell, feeling tears well up in the back of my eyes. I'm too sensitive when it comes to Liam.

"No. There's always a better way," She says shaking her head.

"And what would that be, huh?" I look at her, waiting for her to tell me the answer. "What is it?"

When she doesn't answer, but looks down at the counter in defeat instead, I laugh with no humor. I cool off my coffee with a light blow and I sip it, feeling the heat soothe me internally. "Exactly."

I place the mug down and I lean forward, "Liam Alessandro Forte is a smart man and when he is set on something he won't stop until it's over. He's determined to figure out what the hell is going on, I don't doubt that.