Chapter 25

' So? You said to come back if I'm not busy, but I suppose it's not just for a stupid bet, or is it?'

I hope it's not or I came back for nothing.

' No, it is not because of the bet!'

The prince said righteously.

' It is to have a little competition!'

Thrist was too amused, contrasting with his usual poker face he had in the game. 

Maybe I should stay away. Who knows what evil plan he's concocting in that evil and scheming mind of his?

If I think about it, his Hyde is wanting to have world domination. What an ambitious fellow!

I looked suspiciously at Thrist.

' Don't worry! It's a friendly competition! Lucas here told us you could have beaten Enas if he attacked, so we just have to verify that statement!'

' And what do I get out of it? I know you're betting on this one too. You're not planning on leaving me out of it, are you?'

' Hahaha! Of course! What are you willing to bet with!'

Thrist laughed uproariously and gave a sly smile.

' Well what are the stakes?'

' I'm betting on my personal property bestowed to me by my father. It's just a city so that I could learn about governance!'

' I'm betting on my sword that was gifted to me from a foreign princess!' 

The prince said and was snobbish about it.

' What right does a sword have to compare with my territory?'

' Humph! It's an ancient heritage elven sword! You wouldn't find that stuff in your treasury!'

' What about you Enas?'

The prince looked curiously at his friend.

' Do you want me to bet something for you?'

' No need! I'll bet myself!'

Holy moly! These guys are crazy!

' Too bad I don't have anything that can rival that!'

' Don't worry!'

Lucas patted me on my shoulder and whispered.

' Win this and let me make the bet for you!'

He chuckled.

' I'll bet my viscount title and all that comes with it!'

Correction! My brother is going to get himself killed if father finds out! And I thought he's the normal one!

' Well, we have to set up the rules! Anything is permitted except killing of course! But here's the twist! You are to fight bare handed since  your brother said you're so good with swords!'

Prince Louis and Thrist did a fist bump and acted as if they pulled a prank on someone.

I chuckled darkly.

We're both the same age and you expect him to win? 

Don't forget I know how to fight bare handed as well.

I put my sword down and took my boots off. I don't want to hurt him that badly.

They were surprised to see me take them off, but I guess that increased their chance of winning, or so they thought as they didn't object.

I took a stance very different from Enas. He was relaxed, but did take me seriously.

I was in battle mode with my fists raised up to my face and springing from a foot to the other as if dancing.

Enas decided to attack first and as he came closing in with his fist, I dodged it and send him down with my own when I caught an opening.

He got up quickly, but I didn't let him recover and sent a side kick at his waist followed by a roundhouse kick as I raised my knee and pivoted 180 degrees, kicking him right into his face.

KO!!!

I steadied my breathing and went to help Enas get up.

' Dammit! I lost again!'

' It's just a sword! I lost a city! Oh well, we should stop gambling!'

 Lucas patted me on the head and was all smiles.

' You've done well! You can take the sword, I'll take the city!'

I looked at Enas who was currently freaking out.

Hello, I'm Ann. Ann Sarno.

I was relaxing and sipping on my (imaginary) smoothie when the author called me back on set. The author promised me a vacation and suddenly broke that promise. I mean, the author can do whatever, but why should I comply when the author isn't even paying me?

This is going against my rights and I need your support.

Please consider fighting for my cause.

#FreeAnn #no to slavery #the author is annoying #I don't know how to hashtag #❤️U

Note from author: That's what I get for giving her to much freedom...

#see you next time #ignore her