Chapter 21

I was lucky I had opted for rest when I started the journey, because right now I feel extremely exhausted and it hasn't even been half the distance yet.

I was instantly healed by the little bundle of cuteness strapped in front. He either eyed me curiously or took naps. He did do uncomfortable things at times, like grab my nose or try to bite me, but cute is cute either way.

I tried to see if he could speak and words like mama and dada were possible.

As he giggled, I also tried to see if he would say my name.

' Can you say Ann!'

' Ahh Can!'

' No! Ann!'

' Nnn Nan!'

' Say Ann!'

' Ssan!'

Hahaha...

Mission failed!

I'm too tired to try anymore.

When I finally arrived at the village I sighed in relief when a professional checked the man's condition and told me he will remain in that condition only for a few more hours since the effect of the poison would only last for a day and in extreme cases it would be two days at most.

The villagers identified him as Tom the hunter. The kid is supposed to be his nephew, the parents called him to pick him up and take care of him for two weeks since they were busy.

His lovely wife took him home along with little Keith and a thanks for bringing them back she offered me lodging and food.

You wondered why everyone acts so normally seeing a 7 year old talk about rescuing two people and bringing them back safe and sound from a spider attack?

No? Well, I'll tell you anyway!

I was looked with strange expressions, some of disbelief, shock, suspicion and plain weird looks.

But I was glad they were acting normal. Nobody would react as if nothing happened when a kid does that type of impossible stuff.

I was grateful because Grace, Tom's wife, took me in.

And I was right! There's no mutated demonic bear that they've heard of.

The village reminded me of the town my mother and I lived in.

Although strange at first, after a few days I got along well with the villagers.

When Tom gained control over his body, he decided to show me thanks with a feast.

' Thanks little fellow! I bet it was hard work to drag me across all those stones!'

Hahaha...

' Just kidding, but my back hurt's like hell!'

He patted my head, but still managed to make me fell awkward.

Fortunately, it was not only me that felt uncomfortable, his wife graciously slapped the back of his head and I thought that Grace and me are on the same page.

I helped Grace with babysitting since she had a bit to work with kids my age. Some type of primary school and Grace was a teacher.

The only one.

I also got a chance to meet kids my age and was pleasantly surprised to be invited to play.

Being a kid is the best!

 But I've never heard of this type of game before.

Obey without fail?

First they put me to wash dishes, and I thought okay, probably it's part of the game to do this type of stuff.

Then, they ordered me to do different types of chores...

Yeah, they're totally screwing with me aren't they?

I didn't do them of course, I'm not that stupid.

But I was extremely pissed because I realised that they never wanted to play with me in the first place!

This vacation is stupidly boring. 

I decided to wander in the woods.

Isn't there anyone to end my painful affliction of acute boredom turned chronic?

At least in my previous life, I had an endless supply of entertainment.

Author, stop rubbing your boring on me! I want to be interesting! And I'm the heroine ain't I?

When do I get to meet bishies? Time skip! Time skip!

Sorry, you're supposed to be nothing like a heroine. And there is no need for time skip.

What do you mean?

Hehe...  

You'll see next chapter!