22

It has been a couple days, Bella should be waking up today. Edward has tried talking to me time after time, but I keep ignoring him. He killed my sister.

I rock Nessie in my arms, Jacob knows better than to the taking her- he knows I'm pumped with human blood. A grin finds my face when I hear soft footsteps, and smell a new vampire. Isabella Marie Cullen.

"Welcome to the family," Esme muses.

"You look amazing, Bella." Alice chirps happily, she's always happy.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle says as he moves, Bella smiles when she sees me holding her daughter.

"August." Edward speaks softly.

I smile at my vampire sister and carefully hand Nessie to her- then I step back. Nessie places her hand on Bella's cheek.

Bella gasps before asking, "what was that?"

"She shower you her first memory of you." Edward replies lovingly.

"Show me how," Bella pleads.

"How do I read thoughts? How does Alice see the future?" Edward muses, clearly proud. "She's gifted."

Bella suddenly notices how big Renesme has gotten in two days. "I've only been out two days...."

"Her growth rate is extraordinary." Carlisle says from beside Esme.

"Okay," Jacob says, "that's enough experimenting for one day."

"Jacob," I seethe, "she's doing great."

Jacob tenses at my voice, he is actually scared of me. "Yeah, let's not push it thought."

Bella hands Nessie to me, and Rose takes her from me- wanting a turn at holding her. "What's your problem?"

"Oh, do tell her Jacob." I muse, leaning against a wall beside Emmett.

"This should be good," Emmett says with a smirk from beside me.

"Look, it's a wolf thing." Jacob says nervously.

"What's a wolf thing?" Bella demands, growing annoyed.

"Um..." Jacob stammers as he struggles to find words. "You know we have no control over it. We cannot choose who it happens with. It doesn't mean what you think, Bella, I promise."

"Take Renesme out of the room, please." Bella says, and Rosalie leaves with the baby. "Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't wanna hurt you." Edward puts his hands to his sides again.

"Uh-oh." Jacob whimpers before Bella harshly grabs him by the ear and drags him outside.

"YOU IMPRINTED ON MY DAUGHTER!?" Bella screams, leaving the back porch.

"It wasn't my choice!" Jacob pleads.

"She's just a baby!" Bella declares, she is beyond pissed right now.

"It's not like that!" Jacob argues immediately. "You think Edward or Augustine would let me live if it was?"

"Still debating it," Edward and I say at the same time.

"I've held her once, one time Jacob!" Bella yells, again. "And you already think you have some moronic wolfy claim in her?!" She demands before she hits him, dislocating his shoulder and throwing him, I laugh. "She's mine!"

Seth and Leah Clearwater leave the trees, growling at my sister.

"It's fine, Leah." Jacob says as he pops his shoulder back into place.

"You are gonna stay away from her." Bella threatens.

"You know I can't do that." Jacob pleads.

Unable to hear poor from the wolf, I go inside. Rosalie easily hands me my niece and she goes to check on Bella. I smile at the child and I sit in the foyer, in front of the fire to keep Nessie warm.

"I wish I didn't hate your father so much," I whisper. "I just.... I just can't help it, Nessie." 

Nessie's brown eyes bore into my red ones, and she smiles.

"Don't even think about it, Jacob." I say sternly as I smell him approaching me. "Bella may have let you get her, but I'll hurt you."

"I don't want her getting hurt."

I hand Renesme to Jasper, and I jerk Jacob's arm around his back. His shoulder dislocated again as I drag him outside. I kick him across the yard.

"You think I'll hurt my niece!" I scream. "I'll hurt you, Jacob!"

Sam's wolf runs in between the two of us, and he looks at me. He huffs before going into the trees. Sam leaves the shrubs in only cut off shorts. Smiling, I flash over and hug my wolf friend.

"Hey." I whisper.

Sam hugs me back, and sighs. "Hey." 

"The treaty is gone, isn't it?" I smile.

Sam nods. "My fault. My apologies."

"Don't apologize." I muse with a smirk. "I can visit now, without permission."

"Good point." Sam says. "Be safe. I'm going home to Emily."

I flash upstairs, and I enter my room.  Jasper is laying in my bed, in nothing but his boxers. I just lay with him, enjoying his company tonight.

Man, I love this vampire.