5

I hear a car pull up right as I pull my dark green jacket on over my white long sleeve. I pull my shoes on and go downstairs. I kiss my dad on the cheek before I go out to Jasper's truck. He smiles at me before he drives ya to the school.

"Augustine!" Alice chirps. "Hey."

"Call me August, please." I smile. "And hey."

"How are you feeling?" Alice asks.

"I forgot to take my meds this morning." I sigh. "My chest is gonna let me know today. I'll take it as soon as I get home."

"Good." Emmett says. "Your EKG didn't look good."

I nod before we go inside, Bella just pulled up beside Tyler's van. Jasper places a cold hand on the small of my back, and he walks with meto our English class. Jasper is great.

"You're such a gentleman, Jasper." I muse, smiling.

"I can be, especially for a pretty lady like yourself." Jasper muses as we sit in the back, we are beginning a discussion of Romeo & Juliet.

"You're handsome, Jasper." I say. "I'm not as pretty as you think."

"You don't look in the mirror much, do you?" Jasper asks as the teacher rights the subject on the board.

"No, I really don't." I reply.

"No wonder...." Jasper muses. "You don't understand your beauty because you don't look at yourself."

I stand with Jasper by his vehicle, because he is my ride home. It is drizzling rain, but I'm enjoying the cool weather. The blacktop is slick from the rain and there are icy spots from the cold weather.

Squealing tires catches my attention from my conversation with Rosalie, and see Tyler's van flying around the curve. His tires are slipping, and he is about to hit Bella as she looks through her backpack.

Edward flashes over to Bella, and he stops the van. My eyes grow wide and my heart begins beating really fast.

"Come on." Jasper says as I clinch onto my chest. "Lets get to the hospital."

I am breathing heavy as Jasper helps me into his truck, and I am grip tightly onto the seatbelt. Jasper takes my hand and I calm down some, but my heart is still beating really fast.

"Carlisle...." Jasper says as he carries me in. "She saw the incident with Isabella.... Her chest started hurting and her heart started beating way too fast

Carlisle takes me. "Go talk to her father, Jasper. Now."

Carlisle lays me down in a room. After he hooks me to a heart monitor, I see just how fast my heart is going. 125 beats per minute. My face is sweating, and I'm feeling dizzy.

"Augustine, this is called tachycardia." Carlisle says. "Your heart is beating too fast. You have a new thing wrong with your heart. I have to write you some more medicine, miss Swan. Let me book you to some calcium."

Carlisle puts calcium in my IV before he walks out. Dad rushes in and his eyes widen as he looks at the heart monitor.

"Tachycardia." I tell my father in a weak voice. "How's Bella?"

"Bella is talking to Edward," Dad say. "Carlisle says he's sending you home in two hours. You have to take it easy tomorrow at school."

"She will," Jasper Hale says as he enters my room. "I'll watch her."

"Thank you," dad says with a relieved sigh. "I'm going to find Bella."

"Carlisle says you have tachycardia." Jasper says. "One on top of the other."

"How did Edward get to my sister so fast?" I ask. "Please, Jasper, please don't lie to me.... Carlisle says I almost had a heart attack."

"Go ahead and tell her," Rosalie says from my hospital room door. "It's okay."

Rosalie looks at the heart monitor, still 125 beats per minute. The average heart rate for a seventeen year old girl is 75 beats per minute. Rosalie smiles at me eventually and she leaves.

"Tell me what?" I ask, looking at Jasper.

"Do you believe in vampires?" Jasper asks.

I nod. "Can I change when i die?"

Jasper smiles. "Yes. We are vampires. The Cullen's, me and Rosalie."

I nod. "Can Carlisle change me when I die? I don't wanna leave my dad. I can't."

"I'm sure he will," Jasper says as he grabs my hand. "Don't tell Bella. Let her find out on her own."

"Jasper, can you drive her home?" Dad asks as he walks in with Bella. "We are going to the diner."

"Mr Swan." Carlisle says. "I would like to keep Augustine at my house, so I can keep an eye on her heart."

Dad nods, frantically. "Of course. Send someone over for her stuff."

"I'll pack it," Bella says before they leave.

"Drive her to the house Jasper," Carlisle says. "Esme is getting her a room ready. I'll send Alice after her stuff."
-

The Cullen's house is really nice, very open for them being vampires. Jasper leads me to my room, and sets my medications on the table.

Augustine's bedroom at the Cullen's.

"Get some rest, August

"Get some rest, August." Jasper says.

I change into some night clothes Rosalie is lending me, Alice has went to get my clothes. She says she'll put them away while i sleep.

I climb into the fairly large bed, and wrap myself in the blanket. My exhausted eyes close, and sleep takes over.