✧ twenty three

"Hey... I know it's been a really long time since we talked... I just wanted to explain what happened," Liam starts.

It took almost ten calls to fill up Theo's inbox with his voicemails. Why wouldn't he pick up? Did he hate him that much? Probably, Liam thought.

The longer the waited for Theo to call back the crazier he made himself. Days went by, then weeks, and he started losing control. His eyes would glow yellow in the middle of the day, his hands would bleed as his claws unconsciously dug into his skin, he felt like he deserved the pain the though.

Every text and notification drove him mad. Each time he thought hopefully that it would be the love of his life reaching out to him. It never was.

Finally he began to give up all hope. He started to question why he had even tried this much as it was clear Theo didn't want to talk.

He had moved on right? Wrong. Of course he hadn't. Everyone but himself was sure of that. It finally became clear to Liam who his heart really was with when there was a knock at his bedroom door.

He ignored it, thinking it was his mother. He even kept his eyes down when the door swung open. The only thing that made him curious was that not a word was said.

That's when he looked up.

That's when he saw him.

Theo.