✧ fourteen

"Liam where are you?" Theo asks, his voice cracking as all he can hear is heavy breathing.

"That doesn't matter. Just tell me why you called, quickly," Liam grunts into the phone, his breath not slowing for even a minute.

"I called because I'm worried about you! You're the only person I've ever really cared about for the longest fucking time and now you're not going to school or returning my texts or calls or anything! If you want to see other people just tell me," he practically yells back.

Liam was silent for a while, stoping what he was doing and obviously calming down a bit. He sighed and tried to collect his thoughts.

"I don't want to see other people. I just... Ive just felt really weird lately and I didn't want to drag you into it. I shouldn't have pushed you away though," Liam mutters, his tone conveying exhaustion, "I—I love you Theo..."

Theo just stared blankly into space for a moment before answering. "You... you actually? That's the... you haven't... before now... out loud..."

"Theodore Raeken I love you more than anyone else in the whole damn world. I wanted to wait to say it out loud. I don't know why, but I do, I love you. I'm sorry for being such a jackass. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I love you though, so fucking much," Liam assured him with a smile.

He let out a mix of a sigh and a laugh. "I love you too Liam... I really, really love you."

"I'm at my house. Come over?"

Theo grins and had already started the truck. "I'll be there in five."