With one hand containing my soda can,I wedged my phone between my ear and shoulder, then trotted towards the door, reached for the knob, and swung it open.

Standing in the doorway with her arms crossed was a tall blonde girl with sky blue eyes and her full lips pressed in a straight line. She was dressed in a pink cardigan, white top, and inky blue jeans. She wore her silver half-heart necklace, as usual, and a pair of powder-pink flat shoes.

"Who is it?" asked Lucas. I almost forgot I was still on the phone.

"I'll call you back tomorrow." I took my phone from my shoulder and ended the call.

Stacy threw me a cold smile. The iciness in her eyes was enough to rival Elsa's winter.

"And what ill wind blew you here, Miss Sta. Ana?" I taunted her, folding my arms as well.

She looked at me sternly and said: "I wasn't going to let you have the last word, De Los Reyes."

"What the hell.. you came all the way here because of your pride?" I brushed past her and checked the hallway left and right, wondering if she had come here by herself.

"I'm alone, if you must know." I stepped back and glanced at her when she spoke.

"Are your parents aware you're here at my condo?"

"No," she answered with a self-satisfied smile. "I told them I was staying over at a classmate's house." The corners of her pink lips tugged up with humor, as though she had an inside joke.

I stared at her as she remained standing in the doorway, her arms still crossed over her chest.

"Are you coming in or not?" I asked her.

Stacy gave me a frown. "You haven't said anything.Is this an invitation?"

"In a way," I arrogantly told her. "Besides, it's not your first time here, isn't it?"

Her expression was blank and emotionless, but her sky blue eyes had glinted just the tiniest bit.

"I have no idea what the hell you're talking about," she muttered as she entered my condo.

"Sure you don't."

I furtively watched the tall blonde gingerly sat down on my long black sofa in the living room.

"Would you like a drink?" I inquired her. "Tea? Juice? Or Coffee?"

"Coffee would be great, thanks. Two sugars, if that's alright," she politely said.

I reached inside the wooden shelf for two white mugs and placed them on the counter. I started to fumble around the cupboard for packets of cream and sugar, but I couldn't find the latter.

"Give me a second," I grumbled as I rummaged inside the cupboard. "The sugar is missing."

Stacy called out: "Try the fifth cabinet. It might be crammed between two jars of milk."

I did as she suggested and victoriously plucked three small packets of sugar from the shelf.

"Got them," I exclaimed, then I stiffened in realization of what just happened.

Turning around, I saw Stacy gazing out the window, avoiding my searching gaze. "Stacy."

"What?" She craned her neck to look in my direction.

"How did you know the sugars were in the fifth cabinet?" I slowly asked the blonde.

The fair-haired 18-year old shrugged. "It was a lucky guess."