I (don't want to) hate you.

Joy's POV
And you must be her si-sister for you're a-as beautiful. Seulgi said, pertaining to me.

She doesn't remember me. Don't they know it yet? Haven't they watched the videos?

You traitor!
Just then, I was slapped by Irene.

Unnie! What the hell!?
Yeri ran to me and stood in front of me to protect me from her.

She shouldn't tho. I don't even deserve it. I don't deserve her.

Bae Joohyun!
Mr. Bae held her wrist.

But she ignored the two and looked at me, her eyes---they're full of hatred:

You're the one who betrayed us all. But luckily, Wendy erased Seulgi's goddamn memory of you as what she did to me. Am I right, Joy? Or is that name as fake as what you've shown us?

She then walked closer.

What the hell are you talking abo.!?

Don't you fucking meddle in this stupid drama, Kim Yerim! Irene put her attention back to me and looked straight to my eyes---hers were teary-eyed. I went to the basement to check on them but I wish I didn't.

Unnie...

Don't! Don't call me that, Joy. She wiped her tears away and looked at Jeongyeon. What do you think? It's obviously her, right? Am I right, Jeong?

Jeongyeon just looked at me, then at Irene. She just repeated it. And again, and again.

Yoo Jeongyeon, am I right!? Joy's the one who Wendy was talking about, right? Seulgi doesn't remember her! She helped Wendy. And she still does!

I knew Jeongyeon wanted to speak but she couldn't and so did I. I feel like I don't have the right to even utter a single word. I don't have the right to explain nor beg for forgiveness.

Joy? Is this true?

Mr. Bae, sir, I'm...sir...

Answer me, Joy!

It is, sir.
I couldn't do anything but to hang my head low.

Look at me.
He stood in front of me.

Yeri gave him way. She's not looking at me, not even a glance.

Look me in the eyes.

It might be as shameless as it already seemed but I still looked at his eyes.

Now, tell me. Is it true?

It is, sir.

I couldn't look at his eyes that long so before I looked down, I took a glance at Yeri's direction.

Gosh, I can't believe this!
With that, Irene walked out.

Yeri followed and Nayeon was the last one to leave.

I was looking down but I could tell that Mr. Bae, Jeongyeon, and Seulgi were all looking at me. Their full attention was on me.

I...I ughm, I worked for Wendy. Even meeting Irene-ssi was part of it. Everything---being her friend, working in your company, suggesting partnership between Bae and KangYoo companies, making Seulrene happen, and letting Wendy ruin it---it's all part of my work.

Mr. Bae laughed. He laughed as if nothing of what I said was true. His laugh turned into a forced chuckle. And that chuckle turned into silence.

But saving Seulgi and revealing everything weren't. What's happening now isn't part of my work.