They arranged an hour or so session twice a week for the next eight weeks and agreed that they could go to Alec's place rather than the Library. Magnus knew Alec would feel more relaxed at home at would be more likely to absorb the information. They'd start tonight as they were both going to Clary's for dinner tomorrow night.
If Alec could pass his end of term exam with a B, then Magnus' work would be done and he would earn the extra credit he desperately wanted. It was a win-win for both of them. Not to mention a great excuse to spend even more time together, not that they needed one.

"Come on, let's go grab a hot dog before we have to head back to class" Magnus suggested, holding Alec's hand as they walked down the hallway.
For the most part, people didn't seem to notice or care, it is the 21st centaury after all. But Alec did notice one or two people staring. He tried not to let it make him feel uncomfortable and he refused to let go of Magnus' hand, all that would do was let them know that it was getting to him.
"Let them stare Alexander. They just wish they were half as brave as you've been" Magnus whispered when he noticed Alec's eyes shifting around.
Their relationship had become an equal measure of them both being happy and comfortable and then feeling insecure and shy, but wanting to protect each other from the rest of the world. A tentative balance, but it seemed to work.

They managed to grab 20 minutes at the little stone bench they'd had lunch on last week.
Alec had Magnus in fits of hysterical laughter, telling him about how one of his team-mates, Steven, had managed to tackle Jonathan to the ground during practice.
"It was pretty satisfying to watch him hit the ground" Alec roared, with a huge smile on his face.

The bell rang and Alec walked Magnus to his Math class before heading to his own.

--

Later on, at home, Alec gathered up his Math books and notes, laying them out on the kitchen table and waiting for Magnus to arrive. He wondered if maybe he should have made some food, but the thought was squashed when he heard a knock at the door, which he went running for.

"Hey" he greeted Magnus with a smile as he swung the door open. Magnus had all his books and some stationary in his arms, reading to get down to business, but business mode was quickly melted when he saw Alec's sparkling Hazel eyes and bright white smile. This was going to prove difficult for both of them to concentrate.
"Your parents are okay with me coming over?" Magnus asked.
"Of course. My parents really like you. Plus the doors on this house are always open. Mum & Dad have always welcomed Jace, Clary and Simon like family" he reassured Magnus.

"Magnus! Hello sweetheart, Alec said you were coming over. How are you?" Maryse greeted him as she walked into the kitchen.
"Good evening Mrs Lightwood. I'm well thank you, How're you?" he smiled in response.
"Oh please dear, call me Maryse," she asked, patting his shoulder as she walked past.
He smiled, knowing there was no way he'd be doing that. He couldn't bring himself to address his boyfriend's mother by her first name just yet.

--

"... where X is a variable because it represents a value which we don't know at the moment" Magnus tried to explain to Alec. He looked like maybe he was getting it, but also like he was getting a migraine. It had been over half an hour already of Magnus trying to explain it and getting Alec to try some simple equations, which he got most of.
Magnus realised after a while that it wasn't that Alec didn't get it, just more of a case that he thought he didn't. He had no belief in his own ability. It became clear that Alec's confidence was more what he needed to help him with.

They finished up their work for the evening, leaving Alec rubbing his temples with a little frustration.
"Don't worry Alexander. You're getting it just fine. We'll have you passing that test no problem" Magnus assured him with a hand on his arm.
Alec sighed, not knowing if he believed that, but he loved that Magnus cared enough to try and reassure him.

Needing to take his mind off of things, his eyes flirtatiously wandered down to where Magnus' hand was on his arm, making the skin tingle. His eyes smiled as he looked back up at Magnus, who was smiling back as he ran his fingers up and down Alec's arm.