Chapter 33

Saturday Morning;

Izzy was, for the first time ever, up, dressed and ready before everyone else.

"Honey, What are you doing? It's 6:30 am" Simon croaked, face pressed against the pillow before sitting himself up a little and rubbing at his eyes with the heel of his hand.

"I just wanna make sure I'm ready in time. Aren't you excited?" Izzy smiled, cheerfully.

"Okay, but sweetheart, you look like you're ready to go and the rest of us aren't even up yet. You're gonna be waiting a while" Simon chuckled.

He slumped his body back down on the bed.

"Nah uh!" Izzy said, pulling Simon back up by his arm. He groaned his defiance, not wanting to get out of bed yet. Izzy chuckled.

"Come on, In the shower" she patted his back, softly pushing him towards the bathroom.

--

"I think Izzy's awake" Magnus mumbled low against Alec's chest.

Neither of them had the energy to open their eyes yet.

"Urghh, Can we not just have a few minutes to ourselves?" Alec groaned, almost laughing.

He peeked his eyes open for a moment to see Magnus gazing up at him with a smile. Alec smiled back and closed his eyes again.

Alec sighed after a moment, resigning himself to the fact that they would have to get up and shower at some point.

"Nope" Magnus pouted, cute and playful, pulling Alec back against him as he snuggled into his side when Alec tried to get up.

Alec chuckled, not fighting against Magnus' pull.

"If we don't get up soon, you know Izzy is going to burst through that door and pull us out of bed. And I don't know about you but I'm not exactly 'decent' under this blanket right now" Alec smiled with a cheeky little blush.

Magnus just giggled before grunting as he stood, stretched out his muscles and walked to the bathroom, the golden skin of his bare ass almost daring Alec to pull him back to the bed.

It took an hour for Alec and Magnus to get ready, despite Izzy's constant yelling at them from downstairs where she was sat waiting with a yawning Simon, who was sipping on hot black coffee, hoping it would wake up his brain.

"Finally" she threw up her hands as Alec and Magnus came walking down the stairs, hand in hand, Alec carrying a small duffle bag over his shoulder.

"Alright guys, I packed you up some sandwiches and sodas for the road trip, " Maryse said, handing Magnus the little cool bag before kissing all her babies goodbye, a proud little tear in her eye that she held back.

Simon's van was parked outside and all they had to do was load in their bags and head over to Clary's to pick up her and Jace.

Simon stood, pulling his acid wash denim jacket on over his white t-shirt and pulling his keys from his pocket.

"Everybody ready?" he asked, tossing the keys up in the air and grabbing them in his palm again.

The group said their goodbyes and piled everything into the van, Alec and Magnus hoping up onto the bench seat in the back, and Simon and Izzy into the front seat.

"All in" Alec called up to the front, tapping on the ceiling of the van after he closed the side door.

Simon started up the van and off they went to pick up Jace and Clary

--

"Slow hands, Like sweat dripping down our dirty laundry" Magnus, Clary, Izzy and Simon continued to sing at the top of their lungs as the van made its way down the highway to their exit.

Alec and Jace just laughed and rolled their eyes as Clary and Magnus sang passionately, over exaggerating their movements.

"There ain't no stoppin' your plans and those, slow hands..." Magnus sang with a smile to Alec who was smiling back as he chewed the inside of his cheek while Magnus ran his hand up Alec's inner thigh.

Magnus nipped a little kiss into Alec's smiling lips.

"Wait..." Simon said as he turned down the music "Was that the exit?"

"Damn it" Izzy said as she looked at the map on her phone. "Take the next one and then make a left" she explained as she turned the music down a little further.

--

An hour later, Simon pulled up at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere.

The side door slid open with a crash as Alec, Clary and Izzy ran from the van over to the restrooms while Simon, Magnus and Jace stepped down with a little more decorum, stretching out their legs before casually walking over to the little building surrounded by trees, picnic tables and a couple of vending machines.

"Okay... okay, I think I've got it" Simon said after frowning at his phone for 20 minutes, slouched at one of the picnic tables with Jace observing over his shoulder. "We need to head west, It's gonna take about an hour and then we should be back on track, sorry guys"

Clary, Izzy and Magnus had taken to laying on the grass, sunglasses on and jeans rolled up to the knees to catch some sun while Simon tried to figure out where they'd gone wrong.

"It's all good buddy Alec said as he came back to the picnic table with the cool bag from the van, handing out sandwiches and cans of soda "We've got time"

They took their time with lunch, laughing and enjoying each other's company and Clary took a few photos, knowing that they would be perfect for her photo album. She loved getting pictures of the good times with her friends and getting lost on the road would be a great first story from their first road trip as a group of 6.

They piled back in the van after Izzy and Jace had made a quick run to the vending machines for candy bars.

Magnus sat on the far end of the bench seat, leaning his back up against one of the suitcases before swinging sideways to lay his legs across Alec's lap when he sat down next to him.

Alec wrapped his arm around Magnus, pulling him close as the van stuttered to life once again and they headed back down the road.

--

About an hour and a half later, Simon pulled up to a big clearing in the woods, alongside some wooden log cabins.

"CampSeraph" Alec read from the big wooden sign to the left of the driveway, "This must be the place!" he said, more excited than he thought he would be. He slid the van door open and let everyone else hop down before himself.

Everyone pushed their sunglasses up, looking around, taking in their beautiful surroundings.

"Hey guys, I'm Cleo" the woman with the clipboard who approached them cheerfully chimed. "I assume you're the guys from Idris coming to join us? My brother said you were coming" she smiled, looking down at the forms in her hand.

"That'd be us" Jace replied.

"Okay, so we've got... Jace, Simon, Alec, Magnus, Clary and Isabelle?" she asked, checking the names off of her list.

"All present and accounted for" Simon smiled. "Where shall we park up?"

Cleo spoke to Simon about where he could park his van and directed them all to the last 3 cabins, which they were all happy to find out were 2 per bunk, to drop off their bags.

Each little cabin had 2 single beds, easy enough to push together, not that anyone mentioned that, along with 2 nightstands, a large dresser, TV, radio, small closet, a bookshelf and a small en-suite bathroom.

Alec nodded in approval as they looked around like he and Magnus were on their own private little vacation.

After dropping off their cases, they joined Cleo once again as she waited outside the 3 cabins for them. She handed them each their pale blue T-shirts with "CampCouncillor" printed across the front and their names on the back, 2 t-shirts each and a lanyard ID.

"Okay guys, so quick orientation" Cleo smiled as they followed her down the dusty dirt path that ran through the middle of the huge, sunny campgrounds.

"As you can see, these are the counsellor cabins and just over here are the 4 kids dorm rooms, 2 for the boys" she pointed to her left "and 2 for the girls" she gestured to her right.
"Down here we have the mess hall," she said as they got the big cul-de-sac style area, with benches and a stone fire pit in the middle. "We all eat together, breakfast is from 6:30 - 8. Just over there is the arts and crafts rooms and to the left of that is the music hall, which also doubles like a kind of dance studio"

The group smiled, looking around in wonder at all the gorgeous log cabins and buildings surrounded by bright green trees, cascading bright sunlight all across the grounds.

"Then if you come through here" Cleo explained as they walked down the dirt path between 2 huge oak trees, "We have the archery and track fields, which we also sometimes use for football, volleyball... Sometimes we also have lunch down here too" she pointed out all the wooden picnic benches along the left side of the field "And of course here we have the lake" she gestured to the right to the massive beautiful blue lake and sandbanks, complete with lifeguard seats, lemonade stand and diving deck.

Magnus was practically bouncing on his heels with excitement, he could remember going to camp when he was a kid and all the good friends he'd made and fun he'd had and was excited to help some kids make some wonderful memories over the next few weeks.

Alec took Magnus hand, smiling a bright smile, he hadn't realised that Magnus had been just as eager as Izzy.

Cleo turned to face them all, a warm smile on her face. "Any questions?" she asked.

"How do we know what we're gonna be doing each day?" Clary asked.

"Everybody gets their assignments at breakfast in the morning. And tomorrow the kids will start arriving at around 10:30, so tonight at dinner, which is at 6, you'll all get your first few days worth of instructions and you can meet all the other councillors you'll be working with. Sooo yeah... I'd say, go back to your cabins and unpack and then make your way over to the mess hall in an hour when you hear the bell and we'll get started" Cleo finished with a smile.

The guys headed back to their cabins, eager and excited.

--

"I hope I get swim lessons as my first, that lake is beautiful!" Magnus said as Alec handed him the stack of T-shirts to tuck away into the dresser drawer.

Magnus closed the drawer and stepped over to the window to look out over the camp, they had a great view from the east-facing window of their cabin.

"I'm kinda hoping for archery first, could be interesting" Alec chuckled, raising both his eyebrows, as he moved one of the nightstands out of the way of the beds. Magnus suddenly heard a heavy scraping sound behind him as Alec had taken it upon himself to slide one of the beds up against the side of the other before moving the little nightstand back into place beside the headboard.

Alec hoped onto the bed with a smile, laying on his back with his hands linked behind his head as he looked around the room, his eyes falling eventually on Magnus. He looked so cute in his denim shorts and a red and white chequered button up, short sleeve shirt with a blue bow tie that matched the colour of his shorts.

Magnus smiled back, coming around the other side of the now giant bed, laying down on his usual side and snuggling up to Alec.

"This is weird," Magnus said after a while, making Alec frown.

"I just mean, you know, no parents, no class, no responsibilities" Magnus shrugged with a smile.

"Yeah, just 100 overly excited children and a group of experienced adults trusting us to look after them" Alec joked, making Magnus chuckle.

"Plus it's kind of romantic" Magnus cooed as he almost crawled up to meet Alec's face, nipping little kisses into his lips.

Alec was more than happy to get comfortable until a high pitched ringing broke them both from their train of thought.

"Dinner bell" Alec sighed, taking Magnus' hand to walk down to the mess hall together, waiting outside for their friends to emerge from their cabins too. The next few weeks were certainly going to be interesting.