|5| Love Me Harder

*2 Months Later*

Ariana::Grande

"I'm packing right now!" I yelled into the phone.
On the other line was Alexa, we were leaving Cali and going somewhere different. I've been planning this ever since my last encounter with Justin. I haven't talked to him in months, the only time I see him is if he pops up on my newsfeed. He seems to be doing good for himself. He's been showing his smile off everywhere he goes. I did get to know the other side of the story of that night. I think about it one day a week, I still don't know which one to believe. Though I should just trust my gut feeling on who is right.

~Flashback 3 Months Ago~

I was on my way to a little restaurant to met up with Selena. One so she could stop asking to go out and hang. Two was so I could get more in sight of what happened at her party that night. I was prepared to hear a bullshit story from her, but I still needed to hear another side. I was there first I made sure we got a private table so that no one could see us completely or hear us. She showed up five minutes later with a smile plastered on her face. "Hey!" She hugged me before she sat sown across from me. I grinned, "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm doing great! I'm glad you agreed to do this." She was overly cheerful about this. As much as I wanted to get up and leave I couldn't because social media would tear away my image. "I know I've just been busy with all the interviews."
"I know congrats on the new song. Its a good one."
"Thank you."
"No problem."
The waitress came to take our orders and in the mix asked for our autographs. Usually I decline, but Selena went ahead and said we could. I didn't want to seem like a complete ass in front of other people. Plus people usually respect my privacy when I'm out eating or something, I'm just not used to all this still.
"So Selena. I wanted to ask you something about your party."

"It's about Justin huh?" She took a sip of her drink, I nodded. "What do you want to know?" I took a deep breath, "What happened after everyone left?"
"Straight to the point." Selena wiggled her eyebrows. "This is a little weird that I'm telling you this. I mean you are his ex after all aren't you?" I rolled my eyes. "Can you just tell me what happened?" Selena surrendered and took another sip of her drink. " Well not everyone left. My friend was still there, oh and Za was still there, along with another group of people." She paused. "They all slept downstairs though."
"And?" Selena smiled and proceeded to tell me. "Justin and I were upstairs in my room." She smirked. I did my best to keep all my emotions and actions from lashing out at her. "I'm guessing you guys were sleeping?" I questioned, she shook her head. "You know how Justin gets when he is in his feelings. I mean you did break his heart and I shouldn't be proud about this, but I am his rebound."

"You're lying aren't you?"
"Well you're lying about your relationship with Justin. You two aren't together anymore."
"I asked you a question first and I would like an answer." I crossed my arms. "If I was lying you'd know it." She flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Forget it." I pulled out my wallet to pay for my half of the meal.
Selena watched my moments carefully, she didn't say a word to me after the fact. The waitress came to collect the check, then moments later she came back. "Excuse me, but this was not enough to pay the bill." The young girl spoke. I looked at her then panned over to Selena, "You didn't pay your half." Selena sighed and shot me a cold stare, "Ariana, I totally forgot my wallet. Do you think you can get this one?" She smirked, I closed my eyes and pulled my wallet back out and gave the waitress my card. She then gave me back the cash I gave to her.

"Don't worry I'll pay you back." She smiled, I shook my head and kept my mouth shut until we left the restaurant.

________

"Thank you for lunch Ariana. I really appreciate it." Selena smiled.
We were in a car together, we weren't supposed take the same car. Apparently her car was stuck in traffic and wouldn't be there in the next hour. I tried to offer her another car, just so I wouldn't be in the same car, but look at us now.
"No problem." I faked a smile. "We have to do this again." She clapped her hands together. "No."
"What?"
"No, I'm not doing this again. I did this so you would stop blowing up my phone. Plus I know that you are using me for Justin. Oh and you were right about Justin and I faking our dating these past few weeks. It was all because of you!"

She was quiet. The only sounds that were audible from her was her breathing and fingers tapping on the screen of her phone. We reached her stop, she exited the car with no goodbye. I looked at my driver in the rearview mirror, "You didn't hear me say any of that." He nodded and continued to take me home.

________

*2 Months Ago*

Brain and Scott were at my house just hanging out with me. It was movie night so we sat in my theater room and watched the film. After the movie I asked them about the party.
"You went to Selena's party right?" I asked, Scott mumbled under his breath and earned a nudge from his brother. "Yes." Brian answer. "Why? Wait. Is this still about the whole Justin thing?" I slowly nodded. "The only thing we know about him is that he was throwing back those drinks like they were water. Other than that he'd talk to some people about how great you are."
"Really?"
"Yes. He really wouldn't stop talking about you. I thought I was rip my ears off." Scott chuckled. "So I'm sure Justin didn't do too much." Brian added.

I placed my head in the palm of my hands, "I feel so bad." Brian rubbed my back. "Don't be. You're watching out for yourself."
"I know, but he's Justin. He just wants to do the right things."
"He'll be fine. Go on a vacation. No phone, just no connection to the outside world. Take Alexa I'm sure she'll love to keep you company."
"Thanks." I rested my head on his shoulder.

~End of Flashbacks~

That's how Alexa and I ended up going on vacation for ourselves. Though I was planning this for a while, I needed someone to tell me that I needed it to get my mind of Justin.
"I'm almost done." I laughed into the phone. "I'm excited!" Alexa squealed. "Me too."
"Thank you for letting me come with." I felt her smile on the other line. "You know you're my ride or die."

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<
Don't forget to vote and comment what you thought!!