Chapter 41

Alyssa's POV

"Move back!", Liam shouted as he waved the gun in our direction.

Dad cursed under his breath and eyed for me to obey Liam's instructions.

We retreated back into the basement with Liam trailing behind us slowly.

We carefully placed Henry back into the chair as we watched him stagger towards us.

His steps were unsteady and wobbly as he held onto his bleeding head with one hand while the other  grasped onto the gun firmly.

"Both of you... kneel down on the floor...and put... put your hands behind your head!", his speech slurred as he demanded for us to listen to him. 

It looked like he had been hit on the head pretty badly. The blood continued to ooze down the side of his face, some of it trickling down onto the cold concrete floor. Nonetheless, it didn't seem to bother him much. 

"What the f*uck you staring?! Get down on your knees old man!", Liam growled through his gritted teeth. 

Dad glared at him and passed me a furtive glance as we both went down on our knees.

Henry was slumped against the chair, barely responding to what was going on. My heart raced, as I peeked over to get a good look at him. I felt relieved to see the steady rise and fall of his chest. He must have passed out. Regardless, I was worried sick about him. He was withering away before my eyes. The sick bastard had beaten him up so bad that his beautiful face was now scarred and blue black. He was getting weaker and weaker by the minute. We had to get the hell out of here before Henry's condition got worse.

"You think you can just hit me and run away from here? You think you're so f*ucking smart huh?!", Liam's voice brought me back to reality.

Dad maintained a straight, expressionless face despite Liam's attempts to provoke a reaction out of him.

This, however, seemed to aggravate him more.

Without any warning, Liam lunged towards Dad and pressed the gun forcefully against his forehead.

I couldn't supress the scream that escaped my mouth.

"I'm glad your fake father came to see you. At least, I get to kill one more person that you love...only then will you know the pain of losing your loved ones.", Liam cast a vile grin my way.

My father's eyes locked with mine, a myriad of emotions coursing through them. Shock and sadness were the most prominent of all. All this while, he had thought that I would never find out that I was adopted. I always knew but loved them regardless of it.

"Oops...did I share something I wasn't supposed to?", Liam chuckled heinously.

Dad was always a strong man. He was never one to show any emotion despite how bad it was, not until Anna's brain tumour came to light. With her death, it tore him apart more. The dark circles under his eyes and the intensified worry lines on his forehead were now merely reminders of the many sleepless nights he had spent mourning her death. There was nothing that I could do much to ease his pain then but seeing him on the verge of tears now was too much for me to bear. 

"Dad, it's alright...I know everything and you know what? It doesn't change anything. You and mom will always be my family and I will always be your daughter. Nothing is going to change that. Okay? I'm your little girl and I'm not going anywhere. ", I took his hand in mine and held onto it tightly. His tears fell like an avalanche as he nodded in response to my words.

"Awww, how touching!" Liam snickered at the both of us, making my blood boil.

"Well Alyssa ,you said you are not going anywhere. But, I'm afraid I have to send your loving father and yourself to the one place where both of you belong.", his eyes glimmered with malicious intent.