Chapter 15: Pranks and Reality

(A/N: Hey Readers, sorry this was updated late on a Thursday... long story short, by the time it was Sunday, I was disconnected from all internet to post on Wattpad. Until now. Thank you for your patience and as given another chapter will come Sunday.)

Gabby's POV:

I kept a tight grip on Jace, just as if she was going insane again. My arms locked around her waist in the strongest hug possible.

"Gabby, I... can't breath." Oh! I quickly let go and lightly laughed.

"Sorry." I apologized for being so distracted.

"It's fine. I just don't understand why you gotta hug me. Really, I'm fine." She tried to convince me.

"Then why'd I find you crying while leaving your house? You can't fool me." She just turned around and fell to her hands and knees then, sobbing. My eyes quickly widened as I got back to hugging her. "Jace just tell me what's causing you trouble." Her sobs then slowly turned to laughter. "What are you laughing about?" I asked as I let go of her and backed up. She rolled onto her back and threw grass everywhere in the sky like fireworks.

"I gotcha!" She continued to laugh as I started to calm down.

"Thank Notch! You, you scared me to death!"

"I don't understand how, I truly am fine!" She said again. I guess after that grass firework fiasco she is, just fine.

"Alright, Alright, I guess this was a huge prank then?"

Jace's POV:

"Yeah, a prank." I lied. Her expression became skeptical.

"If this was a prank... why were you sad at first? Was that apart of the ruse?" She asked.

"Oh, well no... that was real. You see... I was kind of mad and sad at the same time."

"Smad."

"Uh, sure. I was smad about the whole situation with the pick. I was sad because I ended up hurting my dad, but mad because I couldn't escape the prison I created for myself."

"Oh about that pick, why did you want it so bad, and why wouldn't you respond to me?"

"Well, I wouldn't respond because I couldn't. The electricity had stunned me so much I couldn't use my vocal cords. And I wanted the pick because it just... I don't know how to explain it. I mean I still want it I'm just not... going insane."

"Do you just desperately want to die or something?"

"The last thing that happened in that situation was death. I felt more alive!"

"I don't understand what you mean by that. It was just a high amount of electricity, how can that make you feel alive?"

Gabby's POV:

"I don't know but I did. I also felt like something was missing from me. Like there's still a part of me that's gotta be discovered." She trailed. I started to think then. This situation does sound weird. And the more I think about it, it sounds a lot like the joke with Herobrine being her father could be true. Or maybe she'd just gone insane. Oh, wait...

"Why don't we head to the group? Ask Danielle some questions? She seems to know a lot about Herobrine. She should know how to answer this." I suggested

"Herobrine? What does this have to do with him?"

"Oh, well I mean this is about electricity so I'd think it's worth a shot," I answered as she stood up and started to walk away.

"Alright then, this way." I started to follow her.