Chapter 7: Hidden Secrets

???'s POV:

I opened my eyes after waking up in bed. I had the strangest dream but I can't remember what made it so strange. It was just a feeling. Wait. I looked around my room as confusion started to settle. Who am I? Where am I?

The door started to creak open as a man came out looking at me. He had a light blue shirt, along with dark blue pants.

"How'd you sleep, Jace?" He asked me. Is that my name?

"Ye-yeah. I think so..." I trailed

"What are unsure about?" He questioned. But is it?

"I don't... remember anymore." I barely whispered. He gave a... warming smile. I can't remember what that reminded me of though. "May I ask you a question?"

"You already did." He laughed, I chuckled along.

"You're very sweet, and funny. What is it that you'd care about me for?"

"Well, how else I would treat my daughter?" He stated more than asked. That's what I remember him from. My father. A smile grew on my face as his blue eyes twinkled in the sunlight.

Herobrine's POV:

I woke up, face first in the grass. My memory foggy from what happened. Actually, why am I laying in the grass? I looked up to this decent cottage and the question popped up again in my mind. 'Why am I laying in the grass?'

I slowly stood up and looked up at the daylight. This situation seems too odd. I felt a minor pain in my stomach as I took a step forward. 'Pain?' I lifted part of my shirt to see what was causing the pain as I saw a small scar there, but how can I even have a scar? How can a god of Minecraft even get a scar?

I let go of my shirt, letting it fall as I took careful steps to the door of the cottage. As I took a step through the door frame my memory completely came back to me. 'Jace!' I tried to speak her name but I couldn't. The next trial I croaked her name but nothing could be heard except a strange noise. I took a breath in to ignore the pain as I spoke again,

"Jace." I took quicker strides around the house, my strength slowly regaining. "Jace!" I yelled this time, concern growing inside of me. But when I reached our temporary room I froze. She wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere. I can't believe they'd go so far from stealing my daughter from me. And the last thing she'll remembers me as is a monster...

Jace's POV:

"Anyways, come downstairs when your ready for some breakfast. It'll be ready by then." Father told me as he started to exit my room.

"Yes, Father." I said, causing him to stop in his tracks as I stood up.

"You don't have to be formal Jace. Dad will work just fine." He informed me as he completely walked out and softly closed the door behind me.

"Dad." I whispered to myself. It didn't sound right to my ears, nor did it feel right rolling off my tongue. After I got changed I left my room to go downstairs for breakfast.

Steve's POV:

After I left Jace's room I went downstairs and got some cookies and milk out of the fridge, I paused though before setting the food and drinks onto the table, I saw my birthday cake from yesterday. I put the cookies and milk onto the table then turned around to grab the cake, made sure there wasn't any chocolate in it, then threw it out to the dogs outside.

"Hey, Steve!" I heard Alex barge through my front door, yelling my name.

"Uncle Steve! Is Jace home?!" Gabby asked, following close behind Alex. Actually, thinking about it now, I don't know why I was so eager to play as Jace's dad.

"I'm right here Gabby." Jace responded as she walked downstairs. I see the only thing she forgot was Brian. That's good. Gabby responded while bolting outside.

"Comm'n then! I'm gonna teach ya the basics of PvP!" I rolled my eyes as Gabby left with Jace right on her heels. Alex walked up closer to talk to me and said,

"So, you're not hiding Jace anymore?" I chuckled a little and responded,

"Nope." She looked out the window and started thinking to herself while watching Jace miserably fail at holding a bow.

"How were you able to hide her for 16 years?" she asked.

"15 years, and it was simple. I just built a huge tower while waiting for her hair to grow freakishly long so a prince could find the tower 3 years later and yell at the top of his lungs, 'JACE, JACE, LET DOWN YOUR ROSE RED HAIR!'" she laughed at my joke, might I add, I thought it was a hilarious joke. Well corny but it works for my easily humored sis.

"Seriously though Steve, how was she such a huge secret until now?" well I couldn't just tell her "Because I had no idea she was alive until now and I decided to pretend to be her dad because I guess I felt jealous of you then finding out Brian had a daughter too.' but I did desperately want to. Jealousy. I guess that answers my question from before.

"Some secrets are best left hidden for now Alex."