McCree x Depressed! Suicidal! Reader

A/n: Eyyy you guys know I have to tag my dude in this for requesting! Donnie-Lover21 Thank you so much dude!!!
TW!!!!: Major depression and suicide

Paperwork blanketed my desk, my hand was cramping so badly I had to take breaks constantly. And this was all Soldier's fault.

The entire Overwatch team went on this huge mission in order to bring down Talon. Fortunately, we succeeded! But unfortunately, I was left to take every waking file Talon owned and analyze it, crack their codes, find what their intentions were, and find who and where their targets were. I was given no help at all...

For weeks, I had been meticulously and tediously uncovering Talon's plans. I hadn't had a single a day off, a break longer than 30 minutes, or had over 4 hours of sleep for 3 full weeks. I had a notebook filled with all the notes I took and discoveries I made, too.

The only thing holding me together was my boyfriend, Jesse McCree. He knows I don't do well under enormous amounts of stress, so every week he dedicated a whole day to helping me work, and he helped tremendously. But everyday, he would visit me before he went to bed and talk to me for a few minutes. At the time, I lived for those few minutes.

But one day, I was done.

One evening, I was taking a break. I had walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple to take back with me. Jesse and Soldier were talking with each other, until Soldier glared at me.

"Gotta problem, 76?"

"Yes, (Y/n), I do. You're supposed to be working right now!"

Jesse just shook his head, knowing that would set me off.

"Are you serious? For the past 3 bloody weeks, I've been working nonstop!" I began to raise my voice," I HAVEN'T HAD A SINGLE DAY OFF, A BREAK LONGER THAN HALF AN HOUR, OR EVEN SLEPT MORE THAN FOUR HOURS! AND YOU WANT ME TO WORK MORE? I'M SO STRESSED, I'VE BEEN HAVING MENTAL BREAKDOWNS EACH AND EVERY NIGHT!"

Jesse quickly turned his head, "Darlin'..."

A sob escaped me as I curled my fingers into a fist, attempting to control my shaking. I fought through my tears and continued, my voice cracking, "And you have the audacity to tell me to keep working. Why am I alone?! Why am I doing this alone, 76?"

Soldier 76 huffed, "Get back to work, (Y/n)." He walked past me, hitting my shoulder in the process.

I just squeezed my eyes shut and tried to hold back my sobs. It didn't work.

Jesse ran to me and held me as close as he could, then spoke quietly in my ear, "Hey, breathe, darlin'." I felt him rub my lower back, and kiss the top of my head several times.

-Time Skip-

I had eventually finished my work for the day...well, night. It was 3 a.m. and I had an idea that would relieve me of this work and stress.

To end it all. Blow my head off.

Of course, I thought about Jesse, but he's strong and independent. He could live without me.

I took my pistol (which was quite similar to Jesse's) and laid it on my bed.

First, I had to say goodbye without using the words.

I made my way to Jesse's room and entered without knocking. He was laying in bed, not asleep, though. When I opened the door, he sat up and smiled slightly, "How ya doin'?"

I sat on the edge of his bed and looked down at the floor, "Jesse?"

"What's up?"

"Thank you for being with me... and putting up with my mood recently. You're the greatest person I've ever known, and you deserve everything in the world. I love you, Jesse."