McCree x Reader/Part One

Part 1.
------------

2 years ago I joined Overwatch. And I absolutely love it. I've got a roof over my head, a comfy bed, free meals, and even new friends.

Shocker.

Before I even knew about Overwatch, I was a rat in the streets of Chicago. I had no home, no family, nothing to go to. So, I lived off of stolen apples and food scraps found in horrid garbage cans. I was sick all the time, of course. Consider me lucky I didn't die from whatever infested those nasty trash cans.

But all of that is behind me. I'm now better than I ever was before. Finally, Im living life like it should be lived. Like I said, I have everything I need here in Overwatch HQ.

I sit in the main living room of HQ with Tracer and D.Va watching one of their favorite shows, Manhatten Misery. Its a typical murder drama, nothing of my interest. Then, Winston begins talking over the HQ intercom, " (Y/N) and McCree, my office, now!" He sounded angry about something... Tracer and D.Va begin snickering. "Shut up! I didn't do anything wrong, Im sure Space Monkey isn't mad at me." (Space Monkey is a little name I came up with for Winston, but he doesn't know that.) I force myself off the couch and make my way to Winston's office. Once I get there, McCree is already sitting down, smoking a cigar, "What took ya so long?"

I ignore McCree and sit in the empty chair next to him. I lean back slightly and glance at McCree. He's smirking. Winston speaks up, "I'm not angry, just stressed. Omnics won't get off our backs. Anyway, just letting you know you're being paired up for this next mission. Details are in this folder. Take it and get out.. please." He basically throws the folder into my chest and fixes his tiny, square glasses. McCree gives a small chuckle and follows me out of Space Monkey's office. "So, what we got, (Y/N)? Bounty?"

"Actually, yeah.. a gang in Dorado. Nothing difficult."

McCree gives a little grin and snatches the folder from my hands, "Never say something ain't difficult until you actually do it." He scans over it quickly and looks back up, making eye contact with me. It makes my heart jump for some reason... I've never felt something like that before. His dark eyes look away from mine and he hands the folder back, "We'll leave tomorrow mornin'." I simply nod and begin to walk in the opposite direction. "Hey, (Y/N), you're awfully quiet today. Somethin' up?"

"No. Just a little tired." I say as I look back at him.

"Aight... if you say so." He flicks his cigar, ashes fluttering to the floor. He puts it back into his lips and adjusts his hat, "See ya later, partner." McCree smirks at me and fixes his hat again. "See ya, McCree." I give a little smile back and begin walking back to the main living room. My chest feels tight... and I notice my small smile is lingering on my lips. It can't be a crush. I don't talk to Mcree often, every time we talk it's about a mission or some regular old small talk. Why is it now that I see something in him? I mean, Im not complaining. He seems like the type that anyone could fall for him.

Tracer punches my arm, "Hey! Whatcha thinking about, love?" She asks cheerily. I look at her, a little startled, "Oh- nothing. I should head to my room and lay down. Its getting late and I have a mission." Tracer laughs, "I saw you and mister cowboy in the hallway! I think he has a crush on you. I saw how he looked at you. What totally gave it away was the smirk. I think you two should date." I shrug, "He is cute... in his own way. Goodnight, Tracy."

"Don't call me that!"

"Alright, Tracy!" I crack a big grin and run to my room. As I turn a corner, I run straight into something.. or someone. I hear an 'oomph' as the thing hits the floor. Its McCree..

"Oh My God I'm so sorry-"

"Dont worry 'bout it, darlin', " He says as he lifts himself up from the floor, "Just watch where you're goin', okay?"

I nod and look up at him when he stands, "Sorry-"

"I said don't worry about it. As long as you're okay. You ran into me pretty hard." He looks down at me, making eye contact. My heart seems to melt a little bit. "Yeah, Im fine. I'm just going to bed now." McCree nods and smirks again.

"What's that smirk for?"

"You're ador'ble, ya know that?"

I narrow my eyes, "Are you trying to flirt with me?"

McCree laughs, "Perhaps a little..."

I look away and cross my arms, "Well, thank you," My voice gets quieter, "I think you're really handsome."

"Much obliged. Go to sleep now, you're gonna need it for tomorrow. Good night," he pauses and nudges my shoulder, "partner." I can't help but grin at him, "Good night... McCree."

"Aw, c'mon! No 'partner' back at me? Darlin', I thought my flirting deserved more than that." He laughs and shakes his head. "I really like you, (Y/N). I want you to know that. We can talk tomorrow on our way to the mission. Good night, partner."

I grab the front of his poncho and pull him into a soft kiss. "Good night, partner," I whisper close to his face. McCree wraps his arms around me and pulls me even closer, "One more kiss, and then you can go to bed."

I roll my eyes jokingly and kiss him one more time, this time he kissed back. "Alrighty, see ya tomorrow," he said with a smirk.

McCree, I already love you.

---------

Author's note: Hey! Thank you so much for reading this! It means a lot to me. If you have requests, put them in the comments! (I keep my writing clean, so no smut, sorry!). If you notice any mistakes, please tell me!!!! I also encourage you to give constructive criticism. It takes a lot to hurt my feelings so dont worry about my feelings being hurt. Love you guys <3

(Please please please give requests I have no ideas whatsoever)