Chapter 13

Louis’ POV

….

After dragging myself up about a hundred and fifty stairs or so, I’m finally back on my floor. I wish I could’ve used the elevator but that’s risky when sneaking back into a hotel with Paul in it. He’s a very, very, secure person when it comes to us; he definitely earns his paycheck.

I make my way to Harry’s room because that’s the only place he could be up here.

I knock and Harry opens the door, only wide enough to see his face. He looks behind me and down the hall before letting me in. He glances down the hall again before closing the door. He’s way too into the whole sneaking around thing.

Cassie’s sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. She’s not paying attention to us at all. I don’t know what she’s thinking but her mind must be running a mile a minute because she looks very concentrated.

“I think we’re in the clear.” Harry says letting out a breath.

He gets too caught up in all of this stuff. I know he’s only twenty-- I say that like I’m so much older --but he’s acting like a twelve year old who just did something they weren’t supposed to.

“Yeah. We’ve been in the clear since you got her in the room.”

“What do we do now that she’s here? Someone’s going to want to come in and we can’t exactly hide her in a hotel room.”

“You guys do realize that I’m in the room with you, right?” Cassie asks, irritated.

“Sorry.” Harry apologizes. “What do you think we should do with you?”

“I think you should just tell Paul that I’m here. I don’t know why you had to sneak out to come see me... Did I really fuck up that much on Saturday?” She asks.

“You didn’t fuck up on Saturday,” I say.

“The other guys overreacted,” Harry states. I think he forgot he was also one of the people who overreacted.

Cassie sighs, “Yeah, well that’s three people against the two of you. I don’t want to cause more problems than I already have but I can’t go home alone. It’s not a good idea.”

“We know,” I say. “I’ll go get Paul.”

“No, you can’t go get him” Harry says unexpectedly.

Is he serious?

“I have to. He needs to know, he might be able to help.”

“Don’t go get Paul until after we talk to the rest of the guys,” Harry says, running his hand through his hair. He’s nervous.

“Fine. Go get them. We’ll wait here.”

Harry leaves the room, leaving Cassie and I alone for the first time in days.

“How you holding up, Cass?”

“Do you want the truth?”

No.

“Yeah,” I lie.

“I’m not. I’m scared out of my mind.”

Fuck. I was afraid she’d say something like that.

“Do you think sticking around us will help?”

Please say yes.

“Probably not. I think it might end up making things worse.”

Damn.

“What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to call my family and ask someone to come stay with me.”