Chapter 28: Letting Go Of Her Demons

(Addison's P.O.V.)

                         They're here

They're here. Steve's here. Tony, Thor, Bruce, Clint and Natasha. They're all here. And I have to save them. When Jennifer found out that the Avengers were here, she told the guards to try and stick the syringes with the serum in them. To not only harm, but to test each syringe and what powers they hold. I have to stop the guards from sticking a syringe with the serum inside one of them, because each syringe has a survive or die effect.
Bruce drags me out of the lab room, heading towards the stairs that leads down to the cells. I pull him the other way, to the stairs that leads upstairs.
"No, Addison! Cap said we gotta go!" Bruce says, but I keep on pulling.
I manage to escape his grip and unsteadily rush to the stairs. Before I can grab the railing, hands grab me. I automatically stomp my foot, the quaking in my veins exploding into the ground. Bruce, Clint, and Natasha fly backwards. Guilt pegs at my chest, I hope I didn't hurt them that bad. Only scrapes and bruises.
I unsteadily rush up the stairs, hoping to stop Jennifer. As I get up to the top step, all I can see is dust flying around the dusty hallway. I hear grunting and shouting upstairs, so I turn and hurry up the stairs. As I turn, a male nurse is thrown down the stairs. I cling to the metal rails as I continue to rush up the stairs. When I get to the top of the steps, I see Thor smack a nurse with his hammer. Nearby, a nurse holds a syringe out so stab Thor. The blue serum inside the vile.
"Thor, watch out!" I run towards the nurse
I tackle her to the ground. She fights me, trying to stab the needle in my face. But she is no match for me. I punch her hard in the side of the head, knocking her out. A hand suddenly grabs my bicep and pulls me up, I look up to see Thor standing there. His calm blue eyes stare down at me with worry, taken back by the bruises on my neck. Jennifer put the shock collar on full blast as they hooked the serum up.
"Lady Addison, you must go." Thor instructs, "Captain Rogers-"
"If you guys don't go, you all will become lab rats!" I turn to the unconscious woman, "See that syrine with the blue stuff in it? That's what they've been putting in me and they're planning to sneak attack you guys and fill you guys up with it. And I can't have that happen."
"But Captain-" Thor starts to argue
"No, Thor! Trust me on this, please." I plea, tears in my eyes "I don't want you guys to end up like me."
With a hesitate nod, Thor and I hurry up the stairs in search for Tony and Steve. The quaking in my veins has turned into my body quaking, vibrating. Thor looks at me from time to time with a fearful look. After running up two flights, I hear men shouting and metal clanking. Tony. When we get to the next floor, Thor hammers the doors open. They flying into the hallway, where Tony in his Ironman suit and Steve fight back to back.
My heart soars at the sight of Steve. After all this time, I finally get to see him again. Thor throws his hammer at a few of the nurses, which making them go down like pinballs in bowling. Steve and Tony turn towards us, Steve's eyes go wide. I start to run towards him, my heart pounding as he stands there in shock, when a shadow comes lurking out of one of the rooms. It's Jennifer, she stabs my neck with a red serum, pushing the liquid inside me. Both Steve's shield and Thor's hammer hits Jennifer, knocking her into the wall. Suddenly, as I fall to my hands and knees, the ground begins to tremble. My body is vibrating uncontrollably, a scream forms in the back of my throat.
"We gotta get out of here!" I hear Natasha shout out from behind us.
"No, I am not-" Tony starts to say, I can hear his metal feet coming towards me.
Suddenly, I can't contain the different powers that pulse through me anymore. It's like I was holding onto something and when I finally let go, that's when all hell breaks loose.