Chapter 7: Bruce's Speech

(Addison's P.O.V.)

                            Pepper had got me a room to stay in while Tony was trying to figure out what to do with me

Pepper had got me a room to stay in while Tony was trying to figure out what to do with me. She even gave me one of Tony's shirts to sleep in since I didn't have any other clothes with me. She talked me up about going shopping tomorrow, just a girls day. How did Tony end up with such a kind woman like Pepper? One of the many wonders in the world, I guess. Things seemed pretty great besides the fact that I had two guards outside my door and it really creeped me out for the next 4 hours. I tried to sleep, but all I could think about was Tony's beam coming at me. I tossed and turned on the bed for the longest time, wishing I had someone to talk to.
The guy wearing red, white, and blue tights is named Steve. He smiled at me when Tony and I were taking shots at each other, I couldn't help but blush. He's so damn cute! I can't help but wish he would volunteer to take watch, so I can talk to him. I've never really had someone I could talk to before, besides mom. I can't help but stare up at the ceiling, thinking about his dreamy blue eyes.
After 4 hours, Clint and that red headed woman left the Viking stand guard. I had peaked my head out just to see if they were still out there after I hadn't heard any other voices from outside the hall, and he was just sitting there. He had waved at me and I rolled my eyes. He has asked me who this son of William was. I explained to him that William Shakespeare was a famous writer who wrote the love story, Romeo and Juliet. And then I had to explain to him who they were. He didn't quite understand why Romeo would want to marry his enemy's daughter, but I just let him be. It was the longest 4 hours of my life, I swear to god.
Then by 3 o'clock in the morning, I saw that really shy guy walk up. I think his name is Brice? I'm not really sure. But I can't help but wonder how he, as awkward and shy as he appears to be, got in with Tony's band of Avengers, as they call themselves.
"Can I sit down?" He says awkwardly, motioning to the metal chair directly across from my room.
I nod my head, motioning for him to take a seat. We sit in silence for a few minutes, making things terribly awkward.
"You know," he says finally "you shouldn't be scared of your new abilities. You'll learn to live with them, as I have mine."
"Listen, Brice-" I start to say.
"Brice?" He says confused.
"Wait, whats your name again?" I mirror his confused expression.
"Bruce Banner," He corrects me.
"Oh, sorry. Thought your name was Brice. My bad." I apologize, "So how did you get in with Tony and the rest of Suicide Squad."
"We're called the Avengers, actually." He corrects me, "And I was recruited."
"Really? Why? No offense but you don't look like you could kick ass. Maybe some science lab nerd, but not the aliens in New York." I say, trying to sound not as hurtful as they are.
"Well, I guess I'm a lot like you in a way." He leans back in the chair, "Addison, you're just a little extraordinary."
"It's bigger, isn't it? My-abilities?" I say, trying to puzzle the pieces together.
"yeah it is, Addison. I know you're scared, but you'll learn how to use it for good one day." He smiles at me, "Tony's to arrange an agreement with SHEILD, Addison. You caused a lot of trouble today."
"Well, I was scared." I say in a lower tone.
"Aren't you kids getting tired yet?" A voice interrupts us.
I turn my head to see Steve standing there, his hands on his hips. His blue eyes focused on me.