Chapter 12: We Weren't Doing Anything

(Reader's P.O.V.)

                    Sounds of the drawers banging in the kitchen echo through the room

Sounds of the drawers banging in the kitchen echo through the room. Steve looks at Natasha with a confused look. Why did Natasha decide she wanted to crash their little party, a party she clearly wasn't invited to?
"Romanoff-" Steve starts to say.
"Steve, what do you think you're doing?" Natasha says in a hushed tone, her face serious.
"I'm watching a movie," Steve looks at the screen then back at Natasha "with Addy."
"Addy? God, Steve. She's Tony's daughter!" Natasha hisses, "Plus she's 21. You're 3x her age!"
"I was 21 when I went under the ice, Romanoff." Steve says annoyed, keeping his voice low. "And what does it matter?
"That was 71 years ago, Steve." Natasha says, "That makes you 91!"
"We're just watching a movie." Steve says annoyed, his eyes wonder over to Addison in the kitchen.
"You're watching a chick-flick with a young, pretty girl who had her head on your shoulder, Steve!" Natasha smirks, "You're lucky it was me instead of Tony."
"We weren't doing anything." He says in defense.
"Well, you weren't." Natasha leans back, "She was."
Addison walks up, shoving the popcorn bowl in Natasha's lap. She plops down next to them, her arms crossed. The young girl looks over at Natasha and Steve, her face scrunched up.
"Why this movie?" Addison says, "Why can't we watch The Notebook?"
"Because I hate romance." Natasha says annoyed, "It's a waste of time."
"Really? Maybe I should go ask Barton and ask what he thinks." Addison says evilly, "I'm sure he would love to hear what you got to say about love."
"Go ahead, I'm sure he already knows what I think." She throws a piece of popcorn in her mouth, totally unaffected by Addison's words. "It's not like Barton owns me or anything."
Addison rolls her eyes. "Whatever, I'm beat anyways. I'm going to go change into workout clothes. See you later, Steve."
The young girl goes up and walks up the stairs. Her fiery red hair bouncing as she rushes up the steps. Steve watches her as she goes, wishing she had stayed. Wishing he knew what happened in the end of the movie. He turns back to the screen, Natasha's lips smack as she eats the popcorn.
"Guess I'll never know what happens in the end." Steve sighs
"You're not missing much." Natasha says plainly, "She chooses him over the rich guy and at the end, they both die."
"Damn it, Romanoff! It was actually getting good."

                  Tony sits on his private jet, Pepper by his side

Tony sits on his private jet, Pepper by his side. She applies an ice pack to his forehead. He has drank too many shot glasses of vodka on their way to the plane, and now he has a major hangover. Tony's head is in Pepper's lap.
"You should have stayed there with her. You can't run from her forever, Tony." Pepper says, "She's actually really sweet."
"What am I supposed to say to her, Pepper? What am I supposed to do with her? I'm not the father like figure my father was. And I was never good enough for him." Tony says, "Did you get the room and clothes for her, at least?"
"Yes and yes. And I would like for you to know that Addison's favorite color is purple and she loves butterflies." Pepper says, "Maybe you can start there."
"Yeah, maybe." Tony checks the two things in his mind. "Purple, check. Butterflies, check."
"Are you sure she'll be alright?" Pepper says worriedly, "Thor said he had some unfinished business in Asgard, so he wouldn't be staying to watch after Addison."
"Oh please, Crybaby has Captain Grandpa and two assassins to protect her. And if things were to go wrong, which they won't, they have the hulk. What could happen in the matter of 36 hours?" Tony gives Pepper a smirk like smile.