section 7 - take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria

It felt like years between the time that they saw each other.

It had only been two months.

Jungkook was on his way home today, though, and Yeri was going to meet him there. It had been even longer since he'd last seen his family.

"Left, please. Thank you," he told the driver. He dialed his family's home phone number and lifted his phone to his ear, listening to it ringing and waiting for someone to answer.

After a couple of rings, his mother answered the phone. "Annyeong? Jungkookie?"

"Annyeong, Eomma. I've missed you all so much. I'm coming home today."

*

"Jeong-guk, when will she be here exactly? I need to go up in my study and finish something."

"She'll be here any minute now, Appa. She might've gotten stuck in traffic. Go ahead up to your study and I'll call her and ask where she is. I'll let you know."

"Is she pretty?" his older brother Jung-Hyun asked him.

"Oh, stop it Jung-Hyun, of course she is," Mrs. Jeon cut in, "Jungkook gets the beautiful girls because he is so handsome and sweet."

Jung-Hyun rolled his eyes, saying, "But he's never had a girl before."

"Oh, you know what I mean," she said.

"Yeah," Jungkook added, grinning. He held his phone up to his ear and waited for Yeri to pick up, and she picked up after three rings exactly.

"Kookie, there you are! I was about to call you to make sure it was okay that I'm coming now. I'm only five minutes away now, I mean."

"Yes, that's perfect. I'll see you soon. I love you, Yeri-ah."

"I love you so much," Yeri said, and he could almost hear her smile.

Jungkook hung up and out down his phone, with both his mother and his brother staring at him with wide eyes and open mouths.

"What?" Jungkook said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You're already at the 'I love you' stage and we still haven't met her?!" his mother exclaimed, appalled.

"I'm sorry, Eomma, the times and opportunities just haven't met up until now."

Jungkook walked to the base of the stairs, yelling, "Appa! She'll be here in a few minutes now."

"Yah, I'm coming down," he responded, coming out of his study and down the stairs. "Maybe we shouldn't all wait here at the door so we don't intimidate her or scare her at all, though."

"Good idea," Jungkook agreed, pushing them all into the living room. He wanted to greet her alone. He hadn't kissed her in forever. "All of you act like you're doing something, and in separate rooms which are not by the door. Hurry now before she gets here," he shooed them off away from the door.

Before they knew it, there was a knock at the door, and Jungkook rushed over and flung the door open wide, yelling "Yeri!" and pulling her into a huge bear hug. He covered her face in kisses until their lips met, and then he kissed her there several times. "I love you, I missed you, I love you so so much," he told her.

Yeri laughed, kissing him back a couple times, and then looking into his eyes, smiling still.

Mrs. Jeon walked over, smiling wide. "Yeri, it's so nice to meet you! Oh, you look even more beautiful in real life. I'm Jeong-guk's Eomma," she introduced herself as she shook Yeri's hand.