section 4 - my body, mind, and soul, know well that I am yours

A new summer meant a whole new set of awards shows that each of the groups attended annually. Jungkook stood at the mirror drying his hair, singing N.O. He couldn't wait to see Yeri again and have an excuse, in everybody else's eyes, for it. Plus, he was excited to perform again. BTS has practiced day and night and they were in the best of shape to be up in front of everybody, confident in what they were doing.

Taehyung approached him at the big mirror, furrowing his eyebrows and smiling. "What are you so happy about? Did you kiss Yeri?"

"No," Jungkook replied with a grin on his face. "But I'm planning to soon. Maybe tonight."

"Ah, hyung! I'm so proud of you."

Jungkook laughed. "Thanks. So, what about you and Joohyun?"

Taehyung's smile faded slowly, his eyebrows knitted together. "Wait, what do you mean? Did I kiss her yet?"

"Yes, hyung, what else?"

"I don't know. And of course. We've been dating for almost a year now."

"You never told me you guys kissed. Well, I assumed you did, but I mean did you really kiss her?"

Taehyung gasped, appalled by Jungkook's inappropriateness. "Jungkook! What are you implying by that?"

"Have you guys kissed for a long amount of time? Have you....." he smirked "..... what's the word..... made out? Yet?"

He sighed, rolling his eyes. "Oh, hyung..... you have a lot to learn," he told him, walking towards the bathroom.

"What? What is that supposed to mean?" Jungkook turned back to the mirror, grinning and shaking his head some as he finished messing with his hair. He met eyes with the picture of Yeri performing that he had tucked into the mirror frame and pulled it out, bringing it closer to his face so he could see it better. He surveyed it and smiled.

He was so lucky. The luckiest man in the world.

*

Hours later, it was showtime.

Many of the idols hung out backstage together, and as much as Jungkook liked the idea and enjoyed being around Yeri before the performances and before everything started, it was too tempting for him. He almost forgot when he walked in that he had to pretend he wasn't dating her.

Exo stood by them, as Kai eyed Yeri from a short distance. Jealousy flared inside Jungkook, and even though he liked Kai, he couldn't help but feel angry.

Yeri was Jungkook's, and Jungkook was Yeri's, and no one would stand in the way of that.

Besides, Kai was too old for Yeri. She had just turned 16, and Kai was 21 already. He was too old for her. Way too old.

Flirt with someone your own age, Jungkook thought as he angrily watch Kai flirt with Yeri. Of course Yeri didn't flirt back, to Jungkook's relief, and even though he trusted her, Kai was so attractive and had huge muscles and was better than Jungkook. He was afraid she would start to fall for Kai instead of himself.

Jungkook was sick of being called a cute little rabbit. He wanted to be a badass grown up man.

And he would prove that tonight, during the performance.

When BTS got called to perform later, Jungkook stood up and bumped Kai with his shoulder, not apologizing.

He would prove to Yeri that he was a real man.

They performed War of Hormone that evening, and during Jungkook's line "Yes, I'm a bad boy, so I like bad girl," and "Tell me what you want right now, I'm gonna give it to you girl, right now," he really sang it out and gave that feeling that he really meant it. Jungkook's abs ware shown obviously at a point during the performance as well. Yeri sat surprised in the audience, her cheeks turning pink as her unnies looked at her, shocked.

Taehyung did his move where he was at the front, and Irene's heart fluttered. She was so lucky to have him.

That time, Yeri eyed Irene along with the rest of them, her eyes narrowed, as if to say, "Back at you, unnie. Your boy can be as risky as mine."

Irene's ears turned red, and gave them a look, her eyes wide, as if she was to warn, "Don't make it obvious."

They survived the rest of the performance, and then it was time for Exo. Kai did a body roll, and Jungkook looked over at Yeri, and she was watching.

He wanted to scream; he was so annoyed.

Did Kai do that to get back at him? Did he know about he and Yeri and everything else and want to get revenge? Did he actually like Yeri? Was he in love with her? Would Jungkook lose Yeri to Kai?

He had so many questions and he was so overwhelmed. He just wanted this show to be over-with and and done.

There were still two hours left left. 

And when Red Velvet performed, Yeri's skirt was so short Jungkook wanted to look but the fact that she was in front of thousands of people in the audience, he had to look away.

He excused himself to go to the bathroom, the only place he could escape to, and walked as fast as he could still without looking suspicious out of the auditorium.

Once he got into the bathroom, he was going to sit down and try to relax and take a breather for a second, but Jimin was already in there doing the same thing, his head down on his knees and his shoulders shaking.

Jungkook walked over slowly, kneeling down beside him.

"Jimin? Are you crying, hyung?"

He lifted his face to look up at Jungkook, his face tear-stained and eyes puffy from yes, crying.

"Jungkook," Jimin choked, "Seulgi got in a bad car wreck. She couldn't make it to the show tonight."