Chapter 6

"Babe, why don't you go get us some helmets?" Jesse faced me, Jane still staring at his deep blue eyes.

"Sure," I said through clenched teeth and a fake smile.

I heard mutters and mumbles from Jesse and Jane, growing fainter each step I took toward the rack of helmets. I grabbed a pink one for myself and an orange one for Jesse, our favorite colors.

I turned from the rack to see Jane hand Jesse a stack of bills from her pocket. In return, Jesse slipped her a brown bag. The brown bag. What the hell is in that goddamn brown bag? And why was Jane paying so much money for it. As I began to reach a conclusion, my body started to become heavier and heavier on my legs.

"Yo, Hanna, let's go babe!" Jesse's holler echoed through the building.

I almost passed out. Jesse selling drugs? Was he still using? I felt sick, vomit creeped up my throat, but I swallowed it. We could at least have a good time today.

I handed Jesse his orange helmet, "Thanks." He quickly brushed his lips against mine before picking out a go kart with the number six on it. I didn't pay attention to my number, I was still too scattered. I secured my helmet and seatbelt, and pressed the gas when the worker said "go".

"Woo-hoo!" Jesse yelled and pumped his right fist. "Yeah, bitch!"

I plastered a fake smile on my face and screeched back a "woo!".

We went round and round on the track, and I began to feel even more dizzy and disoriented. My Jesse. Selling what? Cocaine? Pot? Heroin? Vomit emerged back up into my throat, but I couldn't swallow it this time.

I slammed on my brakes and puked out of the side of my vehicle. Jesse came back around and stopped his kart next to mine.

"Shit, are you okay, Hanna?" Jesse was really concerned.

I glanced over at his worried eyes and said, "Take me back go the hotel."

***

I stumbled through the hotel hallways, Jesse pulling me close to him with every step. I looked up at him and smiled, then tripped over my own feet.

"Jesus, Hanna, what's wrong with you?" Jesse questioned.

"I know about you. You sold something to Jane. You gave her that brown bag. That's why it wasn't in the trash can. You planned this all along." I started sobbing.

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit. You weren't suppose to ever know, Hanna, but I'm doing this for us." I could see tears in the corners of his eyes.

"Doing what exactly, Jesse?"

"Selling crystal meth," he breathed.

"Crystal meth," I started laughing hysterically. "Crystal meth. My boyfriend- fiancé- is a drug dealer."

"I'm not using it. Just selling it. We need this money. That's why we had to move to California. We needed to extend our business."

"So I was right," I was serious now, "you planned this whole thing. Wow, you're really smart, Jesse. You sure fooled me.
This whole time I thought you were a whole new man that graduated from being a stupid kid."

"I'm not a stupid kid, Hanna. I've made millions of dollars just distributing our product."

"And who exactly is providing this product?"

"You remember Mr. White, our old chemistry teacher?

Oh my god. Mr. White. He was my teacher in high school before Jesse and I moved to New York when I turned 21.

"No shit." I said baffled.

"Are you okay with this?" Tears were streaming down Jesse's face.

"I want in."

*sorry for short chapter! really like this one though, remember to vote!*