"I know you guys are waiting to know. But we just found out yesterday that we are officially having a baby. She is just barely a month, so let's not go all out mom, and start making wicker bassinettes."

"Not this early. I am going to wait until we know what we are having." Amber smiled at me.

"Can we eat please. I am starving." Rick spoke up.

We all agreed that we should eat. I was feeling a little hungry, but I haven't been able to keep much down except for plain white rice and sprite. I have had morning sickness all day.

We went out to eat at some Podunk restaurant. I have never heard of it, but Dean and his parents seem to love the place. They serve Italian food mostly. I ordered plain noodles and breadsticks. I was too afraid to try anything else. It was a nice dinner. Dean and his father discussed business. They seem to agree on ways for their companies to expand.

Dean's mother and I discuss Dean and me, and the new baby on the way. She asked me about my mother. I was a little reluctant to tell her, but she would need to know why my own mother wants nothing to do with her only grandchild. I told Amber everything that happened on my birthday and the unsuccessful phone conversation I had with my mother.

"Oh sweetie, I am sure there is a logical reason for her reaction. I am sure she will come around eventually," she said as she gave me an encouraging smile.

"Thank you for saying that. But I don't think she is ever going to accept us." I lowered my head, trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes.

"Hey, don't be sad sweetie. Even if your mother doesn't come around, you still have Dean, Rick, and I. Don't you ever forget that. "

"I am grateful for Dean coming into my life. He has turned it upside down but in a good way. He loves me and our unborn baby. I couldn't be happier."

"And you make him happy. I haven't seen my son this happy since, well since that tramp Delaney. She was a nasty piece of work." Amber said through clenched teeth. "You know I never liked her. I warned him to stay away from the fake boobs McGee, but you know men, they follow their penis."

I nearly choked on my sprite when I heard her say penis. This lady did not just say that.

"Don't be shy sweetie. I hope my saying penis did not make you feel awkward. We are all adults here. I am pretty sure you and Dean have a great sex life. Rick and I have sex every day. There was this one time when he made me..." Dean cut her off before she could finish her sentence

"Mom! What the hell are you doing? Nikki, I am sorry. My mother can be a little too open at times. Mom please, don't scare her away with all you coo-coo cachoo talk." Dean pleaded with his mother. He was completely mortified. I just laughed.

"It's ok. She is not scaring me. Although I was wondering why are you so different from them?" I asked them. I sat back and waited for an answer.

"Dean has always been a little "different" from us from the time he was born. He was never really into our alternative lifestyle. He was definitely a lot more conservative. We weren't too shocked."

"He turned out great. Has made a name for himself. Graduated from college with a wonderful degree. Now he has a baby on the way. I couldn't be happier with the way my son turned out to be." Rick said with pride in his voice.

"If you don't mind me asking, but why do you call him Bean?" I asked

"Well when he and Kim were little, the poor thing, she couldn't say Dean. So she called him Bean. It was so cute, that it stuck." Amber explained.

"And I still can't stand it." Dean laughed.

We all sat around the table laughing and talking when I felt queasy. I knew what was going to happen. I looked at Dean, his eyes narrowed and he nodded. He stood up from the table and took my hand.

He looked at his mother without saying a word. She gave me a sympathetic smile and nodded. Dean led me from the table to the restroom where I vomited my noodles. This baby is never going to grow if it keeps rejecting what I give it.

I walked out of the stall, washed my hands, and rinsed out my mouth. I walked out of the restroom and saw Dean leaning up against the wall waiting on me. He held his arms out and I walked into his warm embrace.

"Feeling better?" he asked. I just shook my head.

"We are going home my love." he kissed me on the forehead and led me back to the table. Dean's mother and father took one look and me and rose from the table.

"No need to say anything my dear, lets get you home." Rick said as he took my hand in his.

"Bean do you have any ginger or peppermint tea at home?" Amber asked while we were driving back to the house. I sat in the back with Amber. My head on her lap. I needed the room. Rick sat up front with Dean.

"I don't believe so. Why?" he asked

"Because we have to get this morning sickness under control. We will go shopping tomorrow and get some things for you and this little one. I know of some great in-home remedies that will take care of this whole vomiting thing." she said as she ran her fingers through my hair.

This is what my mother should be doing. She should be the one comforting me through all of this. At this moment, I was appreciative of Amber. She was a little eccentric, but she was a great mother. I could tell. No wonder Dean turned out so well. We were driving when Dean turned the corner too sharply. Oh no. not again.

"PULL OVER PULL OVER!" I yelled.

Well looks like me and Mr. Toilet were going to be great friends tonight. No more pasta for me.