chapter 18

"But what if I am? I cannot be pregnant. And what will Dean say? Would he leave me?" I blurted out at Tracy.

"Nikki please calm down. You do not even know if you are pregnant. You haven't even had your period yet. So let us wait until a week or so before you start going ballistic? Ok?" Tracy pleaded with me.

"Ok. I guess your right. Besides, I am meeting Dean's family in two days. So I need to get my head in the game. I really want them to like me. Especially since I will be having THEIR GRANDCHILD! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?" I screamed.

"Oh, God Nicole. Just shut up! We will handle this if and when you do not get your period. So just calm down and finish your term paper." Tracy said as she turned her attention back to her homework.

Saturday night and Sunday morning with Dean was amazing. We made love so many times, that I was so sore in all the right places. We only left the room to eat and shower. This did not help any because we would only get dirty again. But the good thing is that we used CONDOMS. And we talked. We talked about us, and the trip to see his family this weekend. He wanted to prepare me for the visit.

He told me about his mom Amber and his dad Rick, who are major hippies. They own a very successful holistic spa in L.A. They have been running it for more than 25 years. They started it out of their basement in their home and eventually bought a center where they specialize in rejuvenation and detoxification. Dean said he was never allowed to take any medicine, or went to the hospital. Except for the time, he had to have his tonsils taken out. Even then, his parents were reluctant to take him to the hospital. But they did what they had to do.

He told me stories about how his parents were the biggest potheads. They use to sit around and smoked weed with their twins when they turned 16. That was how they bonded. I could not imagine getting high with my parents. But his parents are so different from mine.

They seemed a little more relaxed. Especially his mom. I just hope they agree with our interracial relationship. We cannot have both sets of parents keeping their distance, especially if I am pregnant.

The thought of me possibly being pregnant, frightens the hell out of me. What would happen to me finishing school if I were pregnant? I mean I am pretty sure I could graduate, but it would be so hard. What would happen to Dean and me? Would he be happy if I were pregnant? Of course, he would. He already has claimed me as his future baby momma. But would I be happy? I can see us having children in the future but now is too soon.

I have not even told him that I should be starting my period soon. I am just getting ahead of myself. I do not even know that I will miss my period. But I have a sinking feeling that our little bundle of joy is already developing.

I could barely concentrate on my schoolwork. I went to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. This was going to be a long week. But thank God, I will be going to stay with Dean until we leave for L.A. Friday night. He booked our tickets yesterday morning as I slept. We are flying first class. I cannot wait. The doorbell rang, and my heart raced.

I knew it was him without even opening the door. Every hair on the back of my neck stood on its end. Goosebumps ran down my arms. I walked into the living room as Tracy opened the door. He looked over at me and smiled. His crystal blue eyes danced with excitement.

"Hey Tracy," he said. "I hear Bryan is staying here with you this week so that you are not lonely."

"That's what I hear." Tracy shrugged.

"He has it bad for you Tracy. I do not know what you did to him, but keep it up. Out of all the years I have known him, he has never been so dedicated to a single female." he smiled as he walked over to me.