•31•

When Patrick woke up, the suit stared him down.

Tonight was the night of prom.

Would people remember him?
How would people react with the picture?
Would they call him a cow?
Would they laugh at him for leaving?

Patrick couldn't think straight.

He reached over and grabbed his phone. It was about 9 Patrick usually woke up later but he's recently been up early on the weekdays. He's been waking up for...

Pete.

He forgot about last night.

The lust.

The bliss.

Speaking of Pete, he'd gotten several messages from him.

Pete:): Good Morning.
Pete:): How are you feeling today?
Pete:): Excited for tonight?

Patrick fumbles with his phone and types a quick response.

You: Good Morning. I'm good, how are you? Also, yes, I'm pretty damn excited about tonight. Just a little worried.

Pete's response is almost instantaneous.

Pete:): Don't be nervous. I'll be right by your side. Besides, Jason won't be there. He can't go.

You: That's True...

Pete:): Trust me

You: I do

Pete:): Alright...I would offer to pick you up but it'd be useless.

Patrick laughs.

You: yeah...a little. Here is a better question, my house or your house? And whose car?

Pete:): Yours And Mine. I'm asking you to prom so I feel like I need to show up to your house, gawk about your cuteness, then drive you away in my own car.

You: We can be non-traditional you know

Pete:): Let's just see how it goes.

You: Do I also need to come down the stairs slowly and hold my pant legs higher so I don't fall?

Pete:): Obviously

You: okay great

Patrick threw his phone down from there. He sat up and walked downstairs, stomach grumbling for something to eat. The colorful boxes of cereal seem to not appeal. The frozen waffles seem repulsive...

Nothing even looks good.

He's too goddamn nervous.

Patrick knows he has to eat something...he won't feel good later if he doesn't. He opens the pantry and pulls out a jar of peanut butter. There's an apple in the fruit basket. It's next to another one and then a banana cuts the two. He laughs, remembering he had made the fruit penis yesterday. He grabs an apple and begins to chop it into slices, careful to avoid too much juice getting on his hands. After, he pats them dry on the top and dunks them into the peanut butter. It tastes good but he has no desire to eat anymore of it.

"Can I have one?" His mother asks.

Patrick quickly nudges the plate of apples toward his mother who grabs one. She dips it in and pull out a hefty scoop. In one messy bite she attempts to eat it. Patrick stares at her and laughs.

"Shuf up!" She yells through a thick layer of food, some flying out.

"Mom!" Patrick laughs, stepping back.