•26•

Patrick heard little clinks at his window all night, especially later, more specifically at 1:37am.

Why does he know that?

Because Patrick was scared it was a robber, coming to kill him. Once he finally plucked up the courage to go to his window, his heart sunk.

There was a figure at his window. They had handful of something and were carefully throwing them at Patrick's window. They paused once they saw Patrick. Dropping the small pellets of whatever in their hands, they waved Patrick down. Patrick wasn't about to go down there to a totally nut job. He steps away from the window. His phone buzzes from the table. It's almost scary. Patrick's heart races, it's like one of those movies where the killer is just outside. Except he won't take Patrick to a secluded location, just take him to a water park and let the allergy do the rest.

Petwentz3: Get ur ass down here
Petwentz3: Ik ur awake

That was Pete?

Patrick starts toward the door without a thought but pauses. Pete did all this, Pete did this all to him. He hurt Patrick. Reluctantly, he heads back to his bed, trying to ignore the buzzing and clinking. His mind tells him it's the right thing to do.

But his heart yearns to be down there.

Patrick sits still for a moment, then he stands.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

~~~

"Come on Patty." Pete mumbles, throwing another peanut at the window, he'd texted Patrick but he wasn't answering. He'd picked up the peanuts and began throwing them again.

Pete didn't want to wake up the neighborhood so if Patrick was awake, the nuts made just enough noise. An added bonus is no window damage. Pete can't help but snicker at the fact that there's nuts on the lawn.

Haha, my nuts are on the lawn.

I nutted on the lawn.

He keeps his snickers to a minimum and tries to refocus on the task at hand. It's gotta be 2am now, he's been doing this for 30 minutes. Once he's out of nuts, he'll leave. The wind blows chilly air which makes his peanut blow further than the window, hitting the paneling. He's down to 13 peanuts. He need to make them count. Maybe he should just grapeshot them? Or he could-

"What the hell do you want?" A cold voice breaks into his thoughts.

"Patrick, thank god." Pete drops his peanuts and starts to walk over.

Patrick carefully shuts the door behind him but makes sure there's a distance between him and Pete. Pete notices this as well and pauses.

"What do you want?"

"Patrick, did you see the-"

"The picture? Yeah Pete. I did. Thanks for that. You made me realize my self confidence could actually go lower than what it was."

"Let me explain." Pete takes another step forward.

Patrick steps away again. Pete surveys Patrick. Patrick is in pajama pants, that are obviously too long as they droop in a flannel pool at his bare feet. Then he's got a short sleeve burnt orange shirt with a hole in the bottom. Patrick shivers as the wind blows, he's not as warm as Pete, who stands in a sweatshirt and a denim jacket. Patrick can't even see Pete's face, there's only the moonlight, which Pete has his back to. He's glad he can't see his face, he'll break.

"Here take this." Pete begins to take off his jacket.

"I don't want your fucking jacket."

Pete pauses. Slowly, he nods, putting it back on.