•28•

Pete and Patrick's parents both insisted on going. Ryan tried to ignore their style options as he sifted through blazers and ties. Before March, Ryan had everything picked out and styled, Ryan was prepared.

"What about this one?" Pete's mother holds up a wooly brown suit.

Patrick, Pete, and Ryan wrinkle their noses.

"Maybe step out of the 70's section?" Ryan asks, attitude lacing his voice.

Pete smacks Ryan. His mother puts down the awful suit and moves on.

"I was thinking Pete would look good in something...sleek. A causal suit, exactly what you'd imagine when someone says suit and tie." Ryan looks to the parents.

"What about Patrick?"

Ryan tilts his head. Patrick is short, he doesn't see Patrick in something sleek yet, he wouldn't look good in colorful. Then Ryan gets an idea.

"Patrick, what's your favorite color?"

"Orange."

"Really?" Pete raises an eyebrow. Based on his room, he'd assume blue.

"Yep." Patrick nods.

Ryan wrinkles his nose. "How about blue?"

"What's wrong with orange?"

"If we give you an orange tie, you'll both look like walking embodiments of Halloween."

"Noted."

"I like blue." Patrick shrugs.

"Yeah, blue is nice." Pete agrees.

"How about we do some navy blue pants and a black blazer and striped tie?" Patrick's dad asks, parents nodding in approval.

"Dear god." Ryan mutters under his breath. "Great idea!" He says with fake cheer. "But I think we're gonna go for all black with a brighter blue tie for a pop of color."

"That's tacky." Both mother's wrinkle their noses.

"It's not tacky, it's fashion." Ryan rolls his eyes, already fatiguing from the fashioned deprived parents.

After 20 minutes of blazers, button downs, and ties, they finally head to the dressing room. Patrick and Pete head to the corner, Pete heading into one and Patrick into the other. Everyone waits patiently outside.

"I'm done." Pete calls, fumbling with his tie.

"So am I..." Patrick says, sounding somewhat confused.

"Come on out, let daddy see his...oh no." Ryan says, voice dropping quick.

Pete looks wonderful...

...from the waist up.

Apparently his thigh muscles had gotten larger over the year. His dress pants clung to his thighs.

It was Patrick who looked ridiculous. His tie was undone, granted that he couldn't tie it. The blazer was loose on him, the tips of his fingers visible. He raises his arms and shakes the sleeves down. His feet were hidden in a pile of fabric that he carried around with each step.

"Oh my god."

"I need a size up." Pete points to his pants. His parents rush out to find them.

"I need a size down." Patrick flaps the fabric, getting a laugh from Pete.

His parents don't move though.

"Where'd you find them?" Ryan turns to Patrick's parents.

"That's the smallest size in that brand."