He smirked, smug at the reminder as he walked around to come settle down next to me, picking my legs up by the ankles and setting them down on his lap easily. "That was Snape." He offered, still smirking abashedly at his superiority. Gosh he didn't shut up about it for days! Doing magic that only upperclassman dreamed about.

I shook my head, looking back down ay the book in my hand, keenly aware of the way his long cold fingers wrapped around my ankles and traced spirals, silently cursing at my need to wear shorts today. The goose-bumps were inevitable, I knew that when I came down to the coldish room, but his perpetually cold hands just acted as a catalyst.

"Why don't you have a blanket?" he asked, after a few minutes of staring at the fire, and turned to me sternly, stilling his hands on my ankle.

His hair looked almost red in the amber light of the fire in front of us and I sighed, "You're the one with cold hands, Dray." I said, trying to yank my leg back from his grip when he just tightened it, not amused at my accusation.

"I'll go get you a throw." He said, lifting my legs to get up when I shook my head.

"No." I said, pinning him down with my feet, "I'll go up in a few."

"But you're cold." He argued, "Who wears shorts in the middle of winter, Hadley?"

A very saucy grin lifted my lips at the way his eyes surveyed my exposed legs, "You really didn't mind it a month ago." I sang, making his eyes widen and bore into mine. After making sure no one was within hearing distance, he shook his head at me, settling down with a huff as I push my body down on the various cushions I had racked up behind me.

"You just love to rile me up, don't you?" he asked, his head resting on the back of the sofa as he stared up at the stony ceiling.

I copied him, looking up at the dark green almost black ceiling, not answering him and that's how we stayed for a while, his hand back on my foot, only this time, rubbing my sole to generate warmth and our gazes locked above.

"How are you?" he asked, as I finally looked around to see the Common Room has cleared out fairly, only a bunch of seventh years remained at the opposite side of the room, I noticed, playing wizard's chess near the windows and I turned my head to see him peering at me with a genuinely curious expression.

I never told anyone what really happened to cause me to break down that day, feeding them a crap story on how the O.W.L pressure got too much. No one except Daphne knew at school. And telling Draco was a complete no-go. Not when I read multiple articles on how Lucius Malfoy was one of the people including my father who claimed that they were under the Imperious curse.

Maybe he's met my father? Deatheaters are close aren't they? And Draco grew up around the children of Deatheaters. Maybe Draco and I would've been friends if my father hadn't deserted us. I shrugged, "I'll manage."

I felt him straighten up and fix me with a severe look, "Cut the bullshit." He muttered lowly, "What was in that letter?"

Of course he figured it out. Draco Malfoy is a smart fucker who pokes his head into my business way too much.

"Nothing." I replied, returning to my ceiling scrutiny, he just flicked my foot.

"Hadley-"

Dizzying circles appeared in my vision as I stared up unblinkingly, "There's nothing that you can do about it-"

"Is it about your mother seeing someone new?" he asked, pulling me out of my self made kaleidoscope, my face paling and a visible gulp going down my throat.

How did he figure out that much?

I pulled my legs away then, taking in a short panicky breath and he let go of them, not pushing me more as I stood up and snatched up my things.