Chapter Six: Wounds That Don't Heal

Start bij het begin

"I'm on my way to Scott's, but I wanted to drop by, see how you were settling in." He states, rocking on his heels.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Did they get any word on the bus driver?" I was interested in the outcome of his wounds. Stiles took a minute to look into my eyes, trying to form the right words.

"He's succumbed to his wounds, meaning he died." As the words left from his mouth, my face turned sad. I knew he wasn't going to last long, but I didn't want to get involved between the supernatural world again.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I guess that's why you're off to Scott's too tell him that." I state, as he just gives me a nod. "Well stay safe Stiles, and text me when you're there." I gave him a small smile, as he gave me one back. Before turning and going back to his car, he looked over to my car, and wondered something but jumped in his jeep moments later. I watch as he drives off and on to Scott's house.

Sooner or later I will have to get involved with this, and it won't be good.

.............................

I sat in the centre of the bed, it's been a couple of nights since Stiles had visited. I look out of the window, the moon shining down. It was peaceful outside, I liked to watch nature at it's finest hour. I sighed deeply as I lay back, but suddenly, I could hear a wolf howl in the distance. I shot right up, and looked out of my bedroom window, listening in where the sound was coming from, and in a blur I dressed myself in a cloak that covered my head, and half of my body. I slipped on some combat boots, that were black, and some black jeans. In another supernatural blur, I was out of the door, and running towards the wolf howl, hoping I would get there in time.

As I arrived at an abandoned warehouse, I could see a massive werewolf climbing alongside the building. I could hear a door being slammed shut a few distance away, and the sound of a rifle hitting their legs. I hid behind a wall, as I watched a woman come around a corner, pointing the rifle into the air, and following someone's movement. I turn my head slightly to see Derek, about to jump across the building. But before he could make it fully the way, he was shot in mid-air, and fell to the ground, hitting the roof along the way. The wind blew slightly, and that's when I smelt his scent.

Scott, was here. Great. Not wanting to stick around, I ran off in a blur, running back home, for school tomorrow. This was going to be fun

.................................

I sat in front of Scott, as Stiles sat behind him. As the teacher began to hand out the test we did the other day, I was very confident that I would have an A grade.

"If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?" Stiles tried to whisper to Scott, but I could still hear him without my super hearing.

"I don't know." Scott simply replied, having no clue who the Alpha was, and so did I. It was very frustrating not knowing, but that is what happens when you get involved with the supernatural world, once again. My mind casted back to Derek getting shot, I hoped he was ok, or he at least healed from the gunshot wound.

"I don't know!" Scott shouts at Stiles as everyone in the class turns around to stare at him.I turn around to look at them both, Scott's side was facing me as he looked at Stiles annoyed. It was silent for a few moments, before the teacher came to our end of the row, and started to pass out our test. Stiles got his first then Scott then me. I looked down at the paper, seeing an A enclosed with a circle around it, in a red pen. I turn around holding the paper, looking to Stiles.

"Got an A." I let out a little girl 'yay' with a huge smile on my face. Scott was not looking impressed with his grade. "Scott it's alright it's your first test, you'll up it. And I know Allison is going to help you study tonight." As I look at Scott, I see Stiles eyes slightly widen with surprise.

"That's my boy."

"We're just studying." He replied.

"Uh-uh. No, you're not?" Stiles replied, and I knew where this was going.

"I'm not?" Scott asked, confused. Of course he would be, his hormonal mind couldn't even think of the possibilities waiting for him.

"Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity. I-I swear to God I'll get you de-balled." Stiles practically told Scott, raising his voice at him, but held a certain tone.

"Shouldn't you already be de-balled Stiles then..." He looked at me confused. "You came to my house the other night, no one was home. Could have led somewhere." I pointed out, waving my hands around to him, his eyes widening, his cheeks flushing red. I laughed at his little surprised expression, before turning around and facing the teacher, as I felt his eyes on me. Leaving him speechless.

...........................

After all my classes were finished, it was now time for home. I left my car at my house, as I wanted to walk, be one with nature even if I didn't feel it like I used too when I was alive. I asked Stiles if he could drop me off home, and of course he agreed. As we both walk out of the school, and towards his jeep.

"Thanks again, for taking me home." I state, as we enter his jeep.

"Oh, no problem." He starts the jeep up, and reverse's out of the parking spot, as we were the first ones out. He drives down the parking lot, only to come to a halt. As Derek came out into the opening, looking pale and sickly.

"Oh my God." Stiles states, as the jeep jolts to a stop. Derek held a hand up, as we both looked at him. He looked like he was going to faint any moment, and he did. I jumped out of the car, as Stiles makes a remark, horns go off behind the jeep. I kneel down to Derek's level, as he steady himself up.

"Are you alright?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder to keep him steady, as he looked weary at me. Before Scott comes running over.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked annoyed, as Derek turned his gaze to him.

"I was shot." He states weakly, but it was plain and simple.

"He's not looking so good." I state, as I took in his complexion.

"Why aren't you healing." Scott rushed out, as people started to look our way, which was very uncomfortable.

"I can't." He replied to him. If he wasn't healing from a normal shot wound, then it must be something else that is stopping his healing process. And by the look of him, he had only hours to live...