“I’ll see you in a minute, darling.” He directed at me and I felt my heart flutter at him calling me darling.

Hollis turned to me and gave me a flashy smile. “Go have fun, darling.”

“Later Hollis.” I grabbed my clutch and coat and headed down the stairs. He was waiting for me outside the door and his eyes brightened as I walked out with a coy smile on my face. “Hey,” I said, softly.

“Hey,” He replied, looking at a loss for words. He held out his hand for me and I took it graciously. He led me to the car, not taking his eyes from me and a goofy smiled formed on his face as he opened the door for me. “You look beautiful.”

“Thank you. I was nervous. I still am nervous.” I admitted and Landon cocked his head to the side as he slid into the drivers’ seat.

“Why? You don’t have to be nervous.” He said, putting his hand on my thigh and I sighed.

“I guess, I’m just nervous about meeting your parents.”

“Don’t be. They’ll love you.”

“What should I call them, when I meet them? Mr. and Mrs. Richmond?”

“At first, but I’m sure they’ll correct you. They’re going to love you, James. Please, stop worrying about it and just be yourself.”

The drive took a while. We drove a little bit out of the city and to what looked like a very wealthy neighborhood. “Where are we?” I asked him and he smiled.

“Wait till you see this place.”

We stopped in front of a very large house. I wasn’t used to leaving the city except to see my parents’ house, so I had already prepared for some surprise, but this…this was pure astonishment. I had never been to a house this large before, and it only made me even more nervous. What kind of family was I getting myself involved with, and would I even fit in?

Landon’s car was valet parked and he took my arm, leading me into the house. I gulped. Landon noticed how stiff I was and moved his arm around my waist, pulling me against him. “Everyone’s going to love you,” he whispered in my ear and I let out a breath.

“Richmond! Good to see you made it!” A loud boisterous man walked up to us and smacked him on the back. “And who’s this? Aaron Griswold, pleasure to meet you.” He stuck his hand out to me and I took it, looking to Landon with an unsure expression.

“This is my lovely date for the evening, James. James, this is a friend of my father’s, Aaron Griswold.” Landon introduced.

“She’s beautiful, Landon! How’d you get her to be seen with you?” He teased and I laughed.

“I’m still wondering that myself, Aaron.” I felt his arm go tighter around my waist and I couldn’t help the smile that widened on my face.

“Well, your parents are waiting for you over by the bar. I’ve got to find that wife of mine.” He patted Landon again before walking away.

“Come on,” Landon urged and we headed out the back of the overwhelming mansion and out the back. There was a huge lake, a guest house, swimming pool with hot tub, and a bar across the beautiful green lawn. There was live music being played by a string quartet, and items everywhere being auctioned off for the cause. We weaved through the tables, heading to the bar. Every step I took brought me to a new level of nervousness.

“Ah, Landon, we were wondering when you’d get here.” Abby commented, before pulling me away from him into a hug. “And you’re looking just as beautiful in that dress as I said you would. Mom, Dad, this is Landon’s girlfriend, James.”