Terminus

Carl and I grew very close to Terminus. We were anxious to get there. We had past many signs since the first one and I was chomping at the bit.

I walked ahead of Carl. It was odd considering we were normally right beside each other.

"Mikayla, slow down." Carl complained from behind me. I didn't look back or stop.

"We're so close, Carl. We can't slow dow-" I was cut off by the ground going out from under me and a sharp pain coming from my ankle. I cried out in pain.

"Mikayla!" Carl called and ran up beside me. He out an arm around me and helped me out.

"I'm okay. It's just twisted." I said. I tried to put weight on it and hissed.

"Take it easy." Carl said. "We're gonna go slow, ok?" Carl said and looked at me.

I didn't like it but his crystal blue eyes made it almost impossible to say no. I sighed and nodded.

I fixed the strap on my bag and then we began to slowly make our way.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Carls P.O.V

I stared up at the building in front of us. TERMINUS. It read on the windows.

I looked down at Mikayla to see her with a soft smile on her beautiful face as she looked around. I couldn't help but smile.

Her hazel eyes finally met my blue ones and her smile grew. I could tell that her eyes were asking to go forward. I nodded.

We began to make out way toward the gate. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked. We walked through. This place looked like a...home.

We finally reached a lady who was standing behind a large grill with...a girl.

The woman looked at us and smiled.

"Hello. I'm Mary. Looks like you two have been on the road a while." She said kindly. I wasn't buying it.

Before I could say anything, Mikayla spoke.

"We have." She said smiling.

"Well, let's get you settled and we'll make you a plate. Welcome to Terminus." She said.

My attention was turned to the girl as she stepped up beside Mary.

"This is Alexis." Mary said.

Alexis. She was...beautiful. I know I shouldn't be thinking this when I was with Mikayla but couldn't help it. Her soft blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail. She had gorgeous, large blue eyes. She was slender but she looked strong. Alexis. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mikayla's P.O.V

This Alexis girl. I didn't like her. Not at all. That probably sounds bad because I didn't even know her so let me re-phrase.

I didn't like the way Carl looked at her. I glanced up at him to see his eyes were staring at her. I looked at her and she was doing the same thing to him. I had to do something to stop it.

I cleared my throat and the two jumped.

"This is Carl and I'm Mikayla. His girlfriend." I said, more directed to Alexis. She just smiled at me and whispered something to Mary. I scowled at them.

Mary nodded and Alexis pulled away, smirking slightly. Ok, now I didn't like her.

"It seems like your injured." Mary said to me. I looked down at my ankle and then back at her.

"Oh yeah, but I'm fine." I said and smiled as politely as I could.

"Don't be silly. Marcus, Jake!" She called and two large men walked up beside her.

"Take Miss. Mikayla to get her able looked at." She said and gave them a look that I didn't understand but didn't like at all.

They nodded and pulled me away from Carl gently.

"Well, what about Carl?" I asked, trying to make an excuse.

"Don't worry!" Alexis annoying high pitched voice spoke up. "I'll take care of him!" She volunteered.

What?!

I looked over at Carl hoping he would object but he just stared at her and smiled.

"Okay." He said happily.

I stared at him, my mouth agape. They was this weird feeling in my stomach and it didn't feel good.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a small tug on my arm by one of the men whose names were not important to me.

I nodded and let them take me inside the building. I looked at Carl one last time before the door closed with a bang.

I looked forward and squinted to see. It was really dark. I them noticed the two men were gone.

"Hello?" I called. I didn't get a chance to say anything else because just then a blindfold was wrapped around my eyes and mouth.