3 Questions

I nodded. "Mikayla." I told him and he smiled.

"Well, Mikayla, we had to stitch your cut so it will be sore for a while. You also lost a lot of blood." He finished and Rick jumped in.

"So Carl here, gave you blood." He said and clamped his hand on Carls shoulder. There was slight proudness in his voice. Well, now I knew why Carl looked so pale.

I turned to him. "Thank you." I said with little emotion in my voice.

"Whatever..." He mumbled in response. He really didn't like me. Well, the feelings mutual, bud. I sighed slightly and turned to Rick.

"When can I have my weapons back?" I asked urgently. He stared for a moment.

"Well, first we have to ask you three questions, so we know that we can trust you." He stated. I thought for a moment, contemplating what those questions might be, before I nodded.

"Shoot." I told him.

"How many walkers have you killed?" He asked. Walkers? Oh, they must mean flesh eaters!

I rolled my eyes. "I've been on my own since the beginning of all this, how many do you think I've killed?" I said.

"Just answer the question." Carl said and glared. I shot him a look.

"Too many." I concluded and Rick nodded.

"How many people have you killed?" He asked. This one stuck a nerve. I averted my eyes to the thin blanket as tears filled my eyes. I blinked them away. If I cried, I would never hear the end of it from Carl.

"F-four." I stuttered. My family, I thought. He winced and stared at his shoes.

"Why?" He asked quietly.

I thought for a moment. I couldn't give these people my life story already. I needed to be smart about this. They could be like any other group. Violent and vicious.

"Simple. To survive." I answered finally. If I wanted to play it safe I had to be cold and closed off. It was how it had to be.