Something Good

Carl and I walked hand in hand through the woods. Both of our guns drawn by our sides. We walked in silence.

I scanned the area with my hazel eyes, in search for any danger. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something that caught my attention.

I squeezed Carls hand gently to get his attention. He looked down at me.

"What is it?" He asked. I pointed over to what caught my eye. I released his hand.

"C'mon!" I said.

I began to run toward the edge of the forest. Finally, the edge. Not more walking around aimlessly looking for something that we didn't even know we were looking for.

I heard footsteps behind me, meaning that Carl was following. I burst through the trees and looked down at a train tracks.

A second later, Carl appeared at my side. I turned to him with a smile on my face. He looked back at me, confused. Which just made me smile wider.

"What?" He asked.

"The train tacks!" I said. "We can follow them! They must lead to a town with shelter and supplies!" I explained.

After a moment, Carls confused expression disappeared and was replaced with a grin. He suddenly lunged foreword and grabbed me in a hug.

"Mikayla your a genius!" He said and released me. He planted a quick and gentle kiss on my lips.

"Let's go." He said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I giggled as Carl teetered on the edge of the train track before regaining his balance.

"That was close." I said. "I almost won." I smirked.

Carl and I were having a contest on who could balance on the tracks the longest.

"Hey! But I didn't fall!" He argued and smiled. I laughed. We continued.

After a while, I grew tired of walking and, once it was quiet, I jumped.

"Carl!" I yelled, trying to scare him into falling off. To my surprise, the plan backfired and I stumbled off the track and onto the floor.

"Damn." I muttered. Carl smirked. He hopped off the track.

"I win." He said smugly. "Pay up."

I sighed and rolled my eyes playfully. I reached into my bag and pulled out two candy bars.

Carls hand lingered for a moment before grabbing one. I groaned. That one happened to be my favourite.

"Don't worry, babe. You'll get it next time." He said and pecked my cheek.

I rolled my eyes. As Carl was putting away his candy bar, I noticed something up ahead. It was a sign.

Without warning Carl, I began to sprint toward it.

"Mikayla!" Carl yelled, worriedly.

I finally stopped in front of the sign and soon after Carl joined me.

"Terminus. Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive." I read off the sign.

I looked over at Carl who was inspecting the sign.

"What do you think?" I asked him.

He turned to me.

"I think we should go." He said. "We can be safe. No more running. No more being scared." He said. I nodded.

"But what about your dad and Michonne?" I asked. His expression saddened a bit.

"They're smart. They will go." He said. He grabbed my hand. "C'mon." He said and we walked past the sign.

Finally. Something good.