CHAPTER FIVE

The next day started with heavy rainfall of which the whether made me over slept after fajr. I woke up around 11am amazed to see my sister still at home.

Hey! I waved.

Hello sleepy head, so.. This is how you used to sleep and leave mama with work ehn? She said making an old woman face.

Wato anyi ruwa no school kenan, hmm opportunity comes but once, I said my hands akimbo.

Thank God you know sis, I think there isn't any need for further explanations, she annoyingly replied.

Oh pleaseee release that face, you look like a hippo with that😤😤

And you look like a Queen chimpa😦, she said and sauntered outta the room.

Oh this girl won't be the death of me, I sighed and got up, took a hot bubble bath in our jacuzzi which elated my gloomy mood, dressed up in an emerald straight gown, combed my full and long messy hair with a ruffle, wore my sisters black turban cap and scurried out.

Decorum decorum decorum!!!

Her royal highness is finally down, ya Mahmud said bowing down a little like a chauffeur.

Good morning mom, good morning family, I greeted faking a British accent.

Fati rolled her eyes and said that issa bad accent babe, Queen Eli is so gonna sue you for that.

Ohhh! Wareva.. Not like yours is any better.

Someone is giving me some attitudes this faithful morning, ya Mahmud said feigning hurt.

I arched my right brow and asked who.

Of course you, he said poking my nose. You know how it feels to be ignored right??? Amma zan rama.

Haba ya mudi naa.. You know you're the last person I can do that to koh.

Call me mudi again and mama will see how her precious baby's leg is gonna be fractured, he jokingly said and jogged upstairs.

Try it and we shall see, mama shouted back.

Hajiya abincin naki har yayi sanyi since you decided not to assist in the kitchen today, mama said.

Kai maamaaa! Wallahi ba haka bane, I over slept ne kinsan anyi ruwa and besides.. The whether is too cold to be worked up.

Ahhhhh! Chapdii! Is that how you're gonna be doing in your hostel? Fati exclaimed.

Ko kuma gidan miji ba, mama backed it up laughing.

I just ignored them and devoured my momma's delicious catfish pepper soup and hot choco.

Around 4 in the evening, I met ya Mahmud in the living room watching football, I sat next to him with my popcorn bowl and snatched the TV remote from him.

Arghh! Not again, he snorted. Kinsan you can't watch Bollywood while I'm here right.

Yeah, you can move out yaya, because the last time I checked the door wasn't closed and you weren't glued up to the seat. I jokingly replied fulling my mouth with my yummy home made popcorn.

Ya Mahmud snatched the bowl and poured the whole contents on me, wearing a victory smirk on his face.

Kai ya Mahmud, Allah sai ka biya ni, do you know how long it took me to make that, I said forcing some crocodile tears down my cheeks and pointing at the popcorn on the carpeted floor.

And I didn't even get to taste it, Fati jumped in.

Gosh! I'm sorry girls, I didn't mean to.. Y'know, he apologized.

The last thing our brother liked was seeing us unhappy, so.. We've always took advantage of that.

Never mind, I said pouting.

Never mind.. Seriously??? Ya Salma you're impossible. Ya you've to make it up for us by taking us out, I mean.. SPICY BITES' popcorn isn't that bad, she air quoted it.

Fine.. Will that make you girls happy? He questioned arching a brow.

Of course, we yodelled in unison.

Okay spicy bites it is, go get ready and meet me at the parking lot.

Yeah in a jiffy, we shouted running up to our room.

In the night baba told me I will be writing my exams in 2 days time.

The next day, mama told me I was free of all house chores so I could focus on my study for the upcoming entrance examination (yeah that was how serious they took it).

In highschool, the subjects I hated the most were biology and chemistry but there I was studying like the serious nerd I wasn't.
What I was actually doing was pseudo reading (eye service).

The D-day came, I woke up very early and got prepared, mom packaged breakfast for us.

Baba I'm done,lets get going.

Oh Salma, I won't be the one to take you, they just called me this morning that I'll be having a meeting with some dignitaries, and believe me I can't afford to miss it. So kije Malam Idi ya kai ki, he announced.

Babaaa! Har Abuja fa.. what of ya Mahmud? I pouted.

Mahmud don't know the road to Abuja, so it won't be safe for you both. Kaduna to Abuja is not very far, Allah ya tsare ya taimaka, he said and left for work.

They all bade me farewell and mama reminded me of my breakfast.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for the late post, school isn't easy these days and plus the Ramadan stuffs, so I had to withdraw a little.

Next chappie coming soon in sha Allah.
Thank you all for the supports and encouragements, I appreciate.

Please let the votes and comments keep coming. I love you!!!

                            Zaynaba😍😍