CHAPTER TWO

I salamed and entered Baba's study, greeted him "sannu da zuwa" before sitting next to my mom.

Baba answered with a smile which screamed sympathy, Lord! I'm having headache already. He cleared his throat and started.

Ummu Salma I'm very sure you know that komi na Allah ne (everything is Allah's will), and anything that happen to you has already being written  decades back even before you were born. So I want you to put this in your mind that what I'm about to say is going to be the beginning of your success and not the end, after all you are just 16.. Right?

I nodded, dreading the bomb he was about to release.

Your jamb result was sent to me dazu a office and you were able to get 179.

And that was enough to bring my world to an end, I let the already formed tears roll down uncontrollably even after trying hard to stop it, my mom just rubbed my back soothing circles on it because she was sure no amount of talk can stop the water work.

Baba then ordered my dismissal after his heartwarming nasiha.

I ran to our room and fell on the bed, cuddled up and sobbed.
Ya Salma ya isa haka mana, don't make your head ache.. Kinji? Fati begged and I nodded.

I heard a faint knock on the door, Fati answered and walked out.. Of course I knew it was my brother ya Mahmud. He came and sat next to me.

Salma kiyi hakuri, is for your good in sha Allah and hey I'm sure you know what is qaddara which believing in qadr good or bad is part of the pillars of eeman, after all you are more islamically knowledgeable than I am. So it is left for you to put what you've learnt in practice. OK now I want you to stop that cry and clean up, he said wiping my cheeks with his thumbs.

I managed to smile, how lucky am I to have a brother like him, he is my consoler, my confidant, that overprotective brother.. What would I have done without him.. I thought.

Now promise you won't cry again, he said giving me his pinky finger

I smiled and nodded.

Pinky promise..?
Pinky promise.

And that was how the night went by in a blur, making a mental note to tell mama I will join skill acquisition class in the morning.. May be catering, fashion design, beats and bags or even makeup.

The next day, I woke up early and entered the kitchen to prepare breakfast, we actually have maids but to cook is haram for them in the Saleeth's crib. Cooking was one of my hubbies, it makes me feel special, I feel happy and relieved when ever I cook, it makes me forget all the struggles and stresses of life (stress gini? Last time I heard, you were 16.. So where did the stresses and struggles come from?) 😲

I decided to make minced beef toasted sandwich to go with sharaba milk. I brought out all the ingredients I needed, the bread, minced beef, cooked peas, garlic, onions etcetera. I soaked my shinkafan tuwo for the milk then toasted two loaves of bread (yeah you can imagine the gluttons in the house plus baba idi and the gate man). I washed the rice and put in the blender added ginger, kanunfari and blended, sieved and added some flavours and condensed milk.
I set everything on the carpet (yeah we usually eat on dadduma) and took the rest for the driver and the gate man.

I went upstairs and woke my sister

Ya Salma give me two minutes more and I will get up.. Pleaseee, she whined and pouted drawing the quilt over her.

Awww! How cute, I said under my breathe. I quietly carried out my iPhone 6s+ (yea I know.. I'm still using iPhone 6, what can I do when dad proved stubborn?)😞

What the hell did you just snap me ya Salma??? Fati spoke angrily and immediately stood up.

I snapped my  "cute little sleepy head sis" of course, isn't it obvious? I said air quoting my words.

Please delete it, its so not fair y'know.. What if one of my friends sees it? And perhaps that's a criminal act and ima sue you for that, she protested.

How is it a criminal act dummy? Just wanna show the world how cute my sis looks while sleeping.

I'm gonna tell momma what you did.

Oh mama's little girl.. The auta of the Saleeth's, now get your lazy ass off that bed, you're late already, I said yanking her off the bed.

Thank God I am not a perpetual late comer like someone.. She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time and entered the bathroom.

I love you too sis.. I said sarcastically.

So.. Here is another chapter.

Ramadan Mubarak, may Allah accept all our ibaadaat. Amiin

Please vote and comment
               Zaynaba😍😍