He stated that the guards haven't left their sides, especially Ben who is practically glued to Dakota's side. She was able to convince him to get his nails painted as the same colour as hers. A baby pink. I laughed at that. At this rate, Ben getting his nails painted will become a regular thing.

I close my eyes as I listen tentatively to the soft music in the background. Alison was in a world of bliss beside me as a facial mask was lathered onto our faces. As I try to relax my shoulders and stop thinking about this nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen, my mind wonders to my mate and boys..I wonder how they're doing?

Charlie's POV:

"Oh come on guys, cheer up!"

My sons all grumble. I roll my eyes at their behaviour. They have been in a sour mood ever since the girls and their mates left for their day out. My wolf is tense too but I trust my pack warriors to keep my family safe. I want this day to go smoothly and the whole purpose of this trip is to spend time with my sons so I can get to know them better.

I love the sound of that. My sons.

I love every one of those boys and I treat them as if they are indeed my own. I don't care if they are not mine by blood, my wolf has accepted them as ours and I will do everything in my power, which is a lot since I'm Alpha, to keep my family safe.

I stand outside with my Beta Chris and a few warriors and of course my boys; Josh, Jason, Mason, Victor and Damien. I still can't believe that three out of five have already found their mates. I look down at Josh who is bouncing with excitement. His brothers have all lost their moody expressions and have replaced them with excited ones.

"So what's the plans for today, dad?" Damien asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

I had planned this all out so that nothing would go wrong. I wanted everything to be a surprise for the children and for my love, Katie. I clap my hands together, smiling.

"Well, we are going to run the border of the territory so I can show you what you will be doing when you're old enough. Then we can run to the lake nearby and go for a swim or something."

Jason and Mason begin cheering and soon their brothers join in too.

"Okay, lets go!"

I make sure that everyone has spare change of clothes tied to their ankles for changing after they shift. The boys run behind the trees and I hear the familiar cracking of bones. A small sharp tug stops me short and I turn to see a sad looking Josh. I bend down to his height.

"What's up bud?"

He sighs softly and wraps his arms around my neck. Shocked at first, I immediately wrap my arms around him.

"Are you sure they will be okay?" He whispers and I can't help but notice the tremble and vulnerablity in his voice. I tighten my hold on him wanting to comfort and reassure him.

"They will be fine Josh. They have my trusted pack warriors guarding them, who will do everything to protect my family, my mate ,your mother and their Luna. Now, come on, lets go have some fun." He straightens up and a smile quickly blooms on his face.

"Okay dad." I smile down at him, ruffling his hair.

That will never get old.

We run for an hour looping the border. I would stop at specific spots to mindlink the boys on different information they needed to know. They listened intently and asked questions. I could feel the pride radiating off of me. I ran in front, Chris flanking and then the boys behind us surrounded by five guards. We continue to run for the lake and the boys are soon awed by the spectacle.